Position: Process Improvement Specialist
Department: Institutional Effectiveness
Supervisor: Senior Director of Institutional Effectiveness
General Purpose: Work with College stakeholders to identify potential opportunities for process improvement , and collaborate with appropriate individuals to develop and implement process improvement initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works closely with Directors and/or other key staff regarding process improvements in their assigned areas of responsibility. Determines whether opportunities to improve processes exist and i f so, helps to prioritize and implement changes based on critical project needs. Provides functional and technical knowledge, support, and execution as needed across multiple areas and operations.
- Interviews users and stakeholders, conducts root cause analysis, and considers external
- benchmarks to develop appropriate process improvements. Interpret s historical, current, and projected data to identify problems, causes, and areas for which procedural or system changes are indicated.
- Identifies and facilitates process improvement projects, training & workshops to drive cultural change. Facilitates and provides process improvement advice to stakeholders. Promotes and develops a continuous improvement culture acr9ss the College. Helps move the institution towards the development of processes which facilitate the electronic movement of data and information, while enhancing overall institutional effectiveness.
- Develops Solutions to organizational issues and concerns, and develops organized change strategies and plans and/or conducts training for project implementation. Develops and revises business operations processes, and assists in coordination of related technology solutions.
- Provides insight into potential fiscal and personnel requirements for process change.
- Works closely with IT staff to ensure that implemented technology-based systems are appropriate to the institution's overall IT infrastructure.
- Provides ongoing consultation, training and support to ensure the continuous improvement of operational practices. Develops and conducts assessments to ensure that implemented changes are achieving the desired outcome
- Participates in the operational planning and implementation of multiple projects from deployment to closure.
- Other duties as assigned.
Peripheral Duties: Obtain appropriate certifications in continuous quality improvement/management, and project management
Desired Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor 's Degree (Master's Preferred) in Business, Information Systems, or related field.
- Outstanding oral and written communications skills.
- In-depth knowledge of current and emerging technologies particularly in the area of information systems.
- Knowledge of continuous quality improvement/quality management concepts.
- Ability to develop standard operating procedures documenting workflow and process steps.
- Ability to take initiative and drive projects with minimal supervision.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated facilitation and interviewing skills.
- Computer proficiency including advanced Excel skills - PowerPoint ; Word; and Access.
- Ability to manage multiple project streams efficiently and diplomatically in a complex environment.
Responsibility for Public Contact: Contact with external and internal constituencies in-person, by telephone, and electronically are an integral aspect of the position . Courtesy, discretion, and sound judgement are vital.
Licensing and Certification: None
Tools and Equipment: Personal Computer including (but not limited to) the following software: Word , Excel, Access, Outlook, Jenzabar, CampusLabs-Baseline.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands and fingers to operate, handle, or feel objects, tool s, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. Significant usage of personal computers on a daily basis is necessary. The employee may occasionally be required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
Please e-mail cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.