The Director of Development & Marketing has responsibilities for the development and coordination of Special Events, Fundraising Campaigns and management of donor information. Provides coordination to the boards and staff in the planning and implementation of special events and supports the Executive Director in positioning Boards to cultivate and solicit major gifts from individuals, corporations, foundations, government agencies and others. The Director of Development and Marketing identifies and creates opportunities to build public awareness of organization’s initiatives, services, programs, and activities. Adapt or create messages and vehicles for promoting upcoming events or programs to the public and members. Evaluate success of strategy, materials and media and modify as necessary. Work closely with program and management staff to determine potential audiences and best approaches.
- Provide leadership and direction to Resource Development Initiatives
- Develop and implement marketing and public relations strategies designed to build appreciation and support of organizations initiatives, programs, services and activities
- Ensure the development and implementation of Strategic Plan Components related to Resource Development.
- Contribute to operational strategic planning, identifying opportunities to promote organizations initiatives services, programs and activities to specific constituents or the public at large.
- Identify and evaluate opportunities to improve marketing and public relations activities
6. Assist in the recruitment and development of effective board members.
7. Attain Financial Support and Resources to ensure organizational initiatives.
8. Contribute to attaining financial support by increasing membership and building the organization’s base of support through marketing and public relations campaigns.
9. Design and promote special events that focus awareness on organization’s initiatives and activities, engage community support and generate revenues
10. Manage Financial Resources
11. Institute Administrative and Operational Systems
12. Ensure Productive and Effective Staff Performance
13. Control marketing and public relations expenditures against the budget. Manage vendors and freelance consultants to ensure timely, cost-effective delivery of products and services.
14. Establish and maintain procedures and formats for marketing and public relations materials and activities.
15. Continuously develop knowledge of best practices to market organization’s initiatives, programs, services and activities.
16. Ensure Technology, Information Management Systems and Staff Skills are current.
Marketing and Public Relations
- Coordinate implementation of all marketing and public relations activities to increase the visibility of the organization.
- Maintain good public relations with local media contacts, members, families, alumni, community leaders.
19. Develop Alliances and Collaborative Partnerships.