Pay Classification: Salaried, Exempt Reports To: VP of Operations
Location: Corporate Office- Boise Supervises: Accounting Department Staff
Are you a self-motivated and highly resourceful person who is capable of dominating the markets we serve? Do innovation, information, and teamwork excite you? Are you an avid learner who is always looking to improve?
TOK is seeking a talented Finance Manager who will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of Thornton Oliver Keller’s corporate accounting and property management accounting practices and principles according to GAAP and tax guidelines. They are responsible for leading the Accounting staff in managing financial and accounting processes, tax and regulatory requirements, and ongoing financial modeling tied to the company’s business plan.
Who We Are:
- Locally and independently owned company founded in 1991
- The leading commercial real estate firm in Idaho.
- Voted by our employees as one of Idaho’s Best Places to Work for nine (9!) consecutive years.
We encourage you to join our team and see why!
As a Finance Manager, a typical day includes performing these essential duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for financial reporting to business partners, including financial modeling and analysis.
- Lead the quarterly budgeting process and outlook process.
- Develop and prepare a monthly financial reporting package for presentation to the company’s leadership team and business partners.
- Develop and prepare a quarterly financial reporting package for presentation to the company’s shareholders.
- Administers bi-monthly payroll and company’s 401(k) plan in conjunction with HR Manager.
- Oversee cash management, including banking relationships for maximum efficiency.
- Develop cash flow forecasting and maintain a long term cash forecast.
- Oversee the company’s annual insurance renewal process and ensure appropriate coverage is maintained at all times.
- Supervises and administers performance reviews for all Accounting employees.
- Calculates and provides analysis of company’s bonus program.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of accounting software and resources.
- Direct internal audits to ensure that financial controls are in compliance with company policy. Ensure effective follow up processes are in place.
- Oversee any external audits; review and analyze results and recommend for approval the Audited Financial Statements to business partners.
- Ensure appropriate legal review of contracts and solicit external legal advice as required.
- Ensure compliance with all internal policies and relevant regulations and ensure filings are completed in a timely manner.
- Work with Property Management team to ensure the Accounting staff delivers the highest standard of departmental, cross departmental, and cross foundation teamwork and customer service.
- Manage and ensure financial reporting and processes are in place to support the ongoing and future needs of the business.
- Oversee the continuous improvement of accounting and financial processes with the goal to achieve best practices and optimal output.
- Other finance duties as assigned by Management.
- Reliable and predictable attendance required.
Essential physical abilities required:
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position at least 50% of the time, occasionally move about the office to access necessary materials, and operate a computer and other office machinery.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with clients and team members, as well as be able to interpret instructions and exchange accurate information.
- Must have sufficient visual and mental perception, which allows the employee to comprehend written work requirements, and determine necessary actions required to meet the finished product standards.
- Must be able to lift and carry objects up to 30 pounds and work in an office environment that may require walking, bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and sitting for long periods of time.