Assistant Vice President-Enterprise Infrastructure Services
Requisition Number: STFR003511
Division/College: Information Technology Services
Location: Boston Main Campus
Full-time/Part-time: Full Time
Northeastern University's Information Technology Services (ITS) division is seeking a talented leader to fill the position of Assistant Vice President (AVP) for Enterprise Infrastructure Services.
The Assistant Vice President for Enterprise Infrastructure Services will:
- Lead a large group with a focus on fostering a culture of collaboration, innovation, accountability and achievement.
- Envision and execute upon the strategic direction, management, development, implementation, and evaluation of all core infrastructure technology platforms and technologies
- Establish partnerships across the institution to ensure ITS is accomplishing institutional goals and providing exceptional service as a valued resource for the community.
- Possess a proven track record running a results-oriented, metrics driven organization.
- Be responsible for enterprise infrastructure and technology within the Division of Information Technology Services, providing on campus and external data center resources, audio/visual design and deployment, networking, telecommunications, wide area connectivity systems, identity/access management, messaging & collaboration, research computing technology and research computing support.
- Oversee successful research computing support and cyberinfrastructure planning to Northeastern University's researchers.
- Oversee delivery and design of Audio Visual solutions for the institution and collaborates with Facilities and Planning closely.
- Oversee the functions of the directors and their deliverables and budgets, and ensures delivery of reliable, consistent and secure services.
- As a member of the CIO/VP's leadership team, provide strategic input into Northeastern's technology direction and priorities, and provides leadership in the business, technical, service management and convergence across administrative and research computing infrastructure.
- Maintain strong business relationships with a wide range stakeholders across the university in support of Northeastern's operations and strategic mission.
- Manage the technology performance and infrastructure, including deployment, proactive management, integration testing and development of personnel.
- Develop cybersecurity infrastructure in collaboration and partnership with the Chief Information Security Officer.
- Develop technology and architecture standards.
As a key member of the ITS Leadership Team and one of three AVP positions reporting into the Vice President and Chief Information Technology Officer, this position will help formulate and assess the strategic direction of the Division.
To ensure that essential services are provided to the university community, the employee will be required to work outside their regular working hours as needed.
The Assistant Vice President will be a consummate professional who embraces a team environment and works with colleagues in a spirit of partnership, transparency, and fiscal responsibility. Candidate should have:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field required.
- Masters Degree in computer science, computer engineering, business or related technology and management discipline strongly preferred.
- 12 to 15 years professional experience including a significant track record of accomplishment leading and managing people in IT business.
- Proven track record running an efficient, effective, metrics driven organization with a focus on delivering results and establishing a culture of accomplishment, collaboration, respect, and accountability.
- Must have the ability to set and effectively communicate a vision for technology that is aligned with university priorities and skill at enlisting support and participation from members of the community is necessary for the development and maintenance of university-wide educational technology services.
- Experience in enterprise architecture and systems technology planning and development, web programming and design, identity management, research and high performance computing and application deployment strongly preferred.
- Prior experience with building and delivering research computing support, and identity/access management (LDAP, AD, provisioning), collaboration systems, unified communications and support of enterprise systems is a strong plus.
- Thorough understanding of delivering business objectives, both long-term planning and operational planning including management and deployment of large departmental and university technology budget.
- Ensure institutional resources are used efficiently and thoughtfully to provide maximum benefit to cost and help leadership make optimal decisions on new and existing technology decisions.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills and the ability to interact, with all levels of the organization including writing and presenting for a variety of audiences is essential.
- Candidates should have project and resource management skills and familiarity with ITIL frameworks.
- Proven ability to manage through both leadership and measurement, ensuring delivery to customer service levels and commitments. Positive service based attitude and urgency with an ability to motivate and sustain that approach across a large team.
- An inclusive leader, with recognized skills in identifying and developing talent, as well as a commitment to making others successful.
A criminal background check is required for this position.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: Careers@Northeastern
Northeastern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Educational Institution and Employer, Title IX University. Northeastern University particularly welcomes applications from minorities, women and persons with disabilities. Northeastern University is an E-Verify Employer.
Copyright 2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency