| Rowan University is a public comprehensive state-designated research institution with approximately 16,000 students. Its main campus is located in Glassboro, N.J., 20 miles southeast of Philadelphia, with additional campuses in Camden and Stratford. The University comprises seven colleges and five schools: the William G. Rohrer College of Business; the Henry M. Rowan College of Engineering; the Colleges of Communication and Creative Arts, Education, Humanities and Social Sciences, Performing Arts, and Science and Mathematics; the Cooper Medical School of Rowan University; the Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine; the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences; the School of Health Professions; and the School of Earth and Environment. Rowan is one of two public universities in the country to offer M.D. and D.O. medical degree programs. The institution is also home to the South Jersey Technology Park, which fosters the translation of applied research into commercial products and processes. Rowan has been recognized as one of the top 100 public universities in the nation and is ranked third among public institutions in the North by U.S. News & World Report. |
Reporting to the Director of Network and Security Operations, the Senior Systems Security Administrator serves as a technical security lead on Network and System Services projects and implementations.
Develops, evaluates and manages system security and security controls across the Enterprise. Areas of concentration include, but are not limited to: Surveillance System administration, Card Access administration, Security Information and Event Management solutions (SIEM) oversight, Two-factor authentication, Web Application Firewalls, and vulnerability management. Knowledge of intrusion detection, security system scanning, and network and Web application based vulnerability scanning is desired as well.
Requires a high level of technical expertise in systems administration and industry standard security tools, combined with knowledge of security practices and procedures.
The position level and pay rate will be based on experience and qualifications. All applicants meeting the required qualifications are encouraged to apply.
- Administration, installation, maintenance of the Rowan University security surveillance platform and support of physical security initiatives.
- Vulnerability scanning, analysis and remediation coordination utilizing standard industry tools
- Review the results from security scans, documents and coordinates remediation of findings
- Monitor, identify, investigate, and resolve issues related to security breaches, unauthorized access, or potential security risks.
- Assists in the development and implementation of policies and procedures with a focus on security
All applicants must have the following qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in related field or equivalent education. Years of professional experience may be substituted for education on a year by year basis
- Four (4) years of demonstrated professional experience with industry standard security tools such as Nessus, Snort, nmap, etc
- Understanding of industry best practices surrounding proper maintenance and support of a 24x7 infrastructure
- Strong analytical problem solving skills
- Ability to quickly grasp technical issues and offer solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Professional business demeanor
- Ability to write logical and comprehensible procedures and forms.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills for communicating to management, Internal Audit, user community, and security violators.
- Organizational skills for planning and prioritizing work.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
Rowan University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment.
All positions are contingent upon budget appropriations.