California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS) is an internationally-recognized leader in integral education. CIIS has an enrollment of more than 1,600 students pursuing degrees in a variety of academic programs in its schools of Consciousness and Transformation, Professional Psychology and Health, Undergraduate Studies, and American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine. In addition, CIIS hosts a vibrant art exhibition program through The Arts at CIIS, and offers a dynamic array of events through its Public Programs & Performances division, including workshops, concerts, and conferences. The University provides low-cost mental health and acupuncture services to the San Francisco Bay Area through its 10 award-winning counseling and acupuncture clinics. CIIS is accredited by the Western Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC) and Accreditation Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (ACAOM).
California Institute of Integral Studies seeks an experienced, confident and proactive professional to serve as the Assistant Director of Admissions. The Assistant Director of Admissions serves as the primary admissions counselor and recruiter for several graduate programs and manages the daily operations of the Office of Admissions, participates in the development and implementation of new recruitment initiatives, operational goals and objectives, and is involved with all aspects of recruiting, selecting and enrolling students at CIIS. Reporting directly to the Director of Admissions, the Assistant Director works collaboratively with all admissions colleagues and provides the strategic leadership, planning, coordination, and evaluation of all aspects of recruitment, outreach, and communications, to contribute to the enrollment of academically excellent and culturally, economically, and socially diverse students. The position manages and coordinates the admissions processes and procedures of the assigned graduate programs and develops, implements, and manages the marketing and recruitment initiatives for these programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and implements a comprehensive recruitment plan for the assigned graduate programs. Documents recruitment activities.
- Identifies admissions activities and strategies for developing and enhancing prospective student markets.
- Counsels prospective students about admission, transfer credit, academic programs, and student life at CIIS.
- Assists the Director of Admissions in the development and implementation of recruitment and marketing strategies and plans for CIIS. Contributes to the yearly planning and evaluation of recruitment initiatives and programs.
- As the lead Admissions Counselor works with the Director in supervising and assisting the Admissions Counselors in their recruitment and enrollment of students to CIIS. Develops a training program for new admissions staff to educate them on effective prospect and territory management. Continues on-going training and professional development for admissions team.
- Ensures the development of best practices related to all admissions functions and develops training materials to document best practices.
- Represents the university in a variety of settings, both on-campus and throughout the country.
- Executes the CIIS recruitment plan through participating in outreach (e.g., recruitment fairs), coordinating Information Sessions, assisting with bi-annual Open Houses, and following through on program-specific communication plans. Assists in the management of visit and special event programs for prospective and admitted students that effectively increase matriculation.
- Monitors the inquiry and applicant pools for assigned programs and conducts systematic follow-up. Conducts systematic follow-up with inquirers expressing general CIIS interest.
- Monitors progress toward recruitment goals suggesting adjustments in action plans as appropriate.
- Assesses the effectiveness of the recruitment and marketing strategies and plans, utilizing SIS reports, state, national, international, and institutional data, 3rd party data services, as well as market analysis tools. Develops and implements new recruitment and yield strategies, based on the results of the analysis.
- Serves as the liaison between the CIIS Office of Admissions, and city and county agencies as well as non-profit and professional organizations. Identifies appropriate businesses for outreach. Develops and maintains effective relationships with these organizations and agencies.
- Selects, schedules, and coordinates graduate school fairs, as well as appropriate conferences and other recruitment events.
- Supervises admissions counselors and admissions staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.