| EOE Statement:|
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Department Name/Job Location:
This position is in the Department of Emergency Medicine.� Effort is split between direct patient contact within the Emergency Department, adjunctive hospital services and within the office setting.� This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Graduate of an accredited nursing program. Current Missouri RN licensure in accordance with the Compact Act; Basic Life Support certification.
This position recruits patients for studies, assists in the clinical care to collect the specimens/data needed for the study and manages all aspects of the research study protocol. Candidate may need to collect blood and urine specimens, run an EKG or assist the PI in fluid collections among other duties. Some time is spent in an office setting reviewing and managing the study data and other time spent in the ER recruiting patients for study participation.
Position performs duties associated with the coordination and implementation of research studies/projects, data collection and the management of data generated by study protocols.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To provide clinical and administrative coordination of studies through recruitment and retention of study participants, acting as a liaison between patient and investigator while adhering to established standards of all phases of protocol integrity, study conduct, enrollment, documentation and regulatory guidelines.
- Provide direct patient care including assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patients. Document, collect data and assist physician.
- Work with staff to identify, screen, and enroll study subjects; ensuring lab and data are obtained according to established protocol.
- Train staff assigned to work on protocols including clinical skills training.
- Coordinate handling of specimens, administration of clinical trials, collection of source information and case reporting.
- Prepare and submit event reports in adherence with study procedures, budget and established guidelines.
- Assist research associates from sponsoring organization or company, providing study explanations and reports as necessary.
- Attend meetings regarding research studies.
- Performs clinical study visits and schedules patients for exams and tests in accordance with study protocol. Performs vital signs, blood draw, various tests and minor procedures according to protocol and within direction of PI and personal skill set. Interviews and gathers data from families enrolled in study.
Internal Applicant Instruction:
Please attach a copy of your most current signed performance evaluation (completed within the last 18 months) to your online account. If you have not received a performance evaluation, you may provide two current signed letters of recommendation (written within the last 18 months), preferably to include one letter from either a current or recent former supervisor. To attach these documents, go to: My Career Tools, Add Attachment, Attachment Type – Performance Reviews or Letters of Recommendation.
Team player. Good organizational skills. Dependability. Strong communication skills.� Working knowledge of study protocol and informed consent provisions. Working knowledge of computer based data recording systems such as MS Excel, MS Access, and internet-based data collection mechanisms.�
Experience with common emergent chief complaints, emergent procedures, and critical acute medical or acute traumatic illness.� 3-5 years experience in clinical research trials including enrollment, consent and administrative requirements of protocol.� Emergency Department experience helpful.� Some travel required for investigator meetings.
-Retirement Savings Plan
-22 vacation days
-8 Paid Holidays
-Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
-Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
-Free Life Insurance
-Health, Dental, Vision
-Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
-Long Term Disability Insurance
-Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
This position works a flexible evening and overnight schedule, including weekends and holidays.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
The hiring range for this position is $47,486 - $66,352 annually.