NYU Langone Medical Center, a world-class, patient-centered, integrated, academic medical center, is one of the nation's premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research and medical education. Located in the heart of Manhattan, NYU Langone is composed of four hospitals - Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation; the Hospital for Joint Diseases, one of only five hospitals in the nation dedicated to orthopaedics and rheumatology; and Hassenfeld Children's Hospital, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children's health services across the medical center - plus the NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. The medical center's tri-fold mission to serve, teach and discover is achieved 365 days a year through the seamless integration of a culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education and research. For more information, go to www.NYULMC.org.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a FGP PT/OT Clinical Specialist.
In this role, the successful candidate coordinates the patient care, training programs, and research endeavors for a specialty area of Physical Therapy practice or program within the Physical Therapy department. Assists in the oversight of daily operations of the unit as needed.
- Works in conjunction with staff and management on Performance Improvement and clinical research projects that will benefit the unit and/or the department. Assists in developing goals, standards and evaluation criteria for Performance Improvement Projects. Collects data and solicits feedback from staff providing recommendations for revisions in PI projects with regards to clinical practice and departmental operations. Suggests ideas, methodology, and rationale for research projects and participate directly in the collection of data and monitoring of the project. Submits grant proposals and articles for publication or presentation at clinical conferences. Assists in the coordination of the student program and other clinical education programs with senior staff and other management. Prepares and participates in educational sessions for patients, families, students, and house staff. Participates in lectures, seminars, and workshops by the Medical Center and other agencies, institutions and associations. Develops material which will enhance the quality and scope of the care rendered to the patient, i.e. pamphlets, video tapes, home programs in collaboration with other members of the team. Develops resource material to be utilized by staff members, i.e. suggests journals for library, accesses research articles, etc. Presents ideas/materials to be developed in area of clinical expertise to further enhance the department. Coordinates Physical Therapy patient care rendered to both in and out patients in area of specialized clinical expertise. Education and training of all staff in areas of expertise to further enhance the departments clinical needs. Assists in evaluations and development of treatment plans for patients. Implement corrective actions when necessary. Assists in the coordination of patient care throughout the continuum. Trains staff to be able to cover when colleagues are out on sick/vacation days.Demonstrate a leadership role in the development of specialized clinical expertise, communication, and teamwork. Demonstrates good judgment, initiative and independent thinking. Demonstrates direct involvement with clinical training and in-service education. Recognizes when help is needed by others and offers guidance and assistance.
- Identifies new equipment that would facilitate programmatic growth and development. Assists with equipment and unit maintenance.
- Assists in Case Management responsibilities as they pertain to the Physical Therapy plan of care for any clients within the unit. Works in collaboration with other unit team members as needed.
- NYS Physical Therapy License with valid, current registration
- Bachelor's Degree in Physical Therapy
- Three years as a licensed Physical Therapist with progressive responsibilities and development in a specific clinical area relating to orthopedic patient population
- Effective oral communication and interpersonal skills
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Medical Center provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents. And just as our employees invest so much in us, we invest in our employees. We're pleased to have one of the most competitive compensation packages not only among New York's hospitals and healthcare institutions, but within the corporate sector as well. We begin with exceptional medical, dental, and drug coverage. We enhance this basic coverage with comprehensive wellness programs, and supplement those with retirement investment and benefits plans, and generous paid time off allowances. Add to that a very attractive tuition program, and you'll see just some of the ways that NYU Langone Medical Center demonstrates our commitment to our employees.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information.