A high school diploma or G.E.D Certificate and at least ten (10) years ofexperience supporting a complex IT network environment is required(must provide proof at time of interview) ORa Bachelor's Degree in a computer or network engineering field and six (6)years of experience supporting a complex IT network environment is required.(Must provide official transcripts at time of interview.)
Networking experience in a healthcare environment is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and overall PC knowledge
Knowledge of computer technology, installation and configuration of workstation equipment
Knowledge of Cisco Works, VoIP, Solar Winds, Cisco Ise, ASA, Source Fire, Intrusion Detection and Network Policy Manager Software packages, etc.
Knowledge of Cisco's Technical Assistance Center (TAC) to open and close support calls
Skilled in problem-solving with strong attention to detail
Customer service skills and the ability to react diplomatically and patiently to internal and external customers
Written and verbal communication skills coupled with the ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures
Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external customer and contacts
Ability to function in a fast paced environment and in stressful situations while meeting deadlines
Ability to manage multiple projects utilizing best practices based on departmental priorities, policies and procedures.
Ability to function autonomously and as a team member in a multidisciplinary team.
Strong response time to phone calls, emails and customer/user requests.
MUST MEET ALL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION FILING.
Degrees awarded outside of the United States with the exception of those awarded in one of the United States' territories and Canada must be credentialed by an approved U.S. credential evaluation service belonging to the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or the Association of International Credential Evaluators (AICE). Original credentialing documents must be presented at time of interview.
When applying for employment with the Cook County Health & Hospitals System, preference is given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States for not less than 6 months of continuous service
To take advantage of this preference a Veteran must:
· Meet the minimum qualifications for the position .
· Identify self as a Veteran on the employment application by answering yes to the question by answering yes to the question, "Are you a Military Veteran?"
· Attach a copy of their DD 214, DD 215 or NGB 22 (Notice Separation at time of application filing. Please note: If you have multiple DD214s, 215s, or NGB 22S, Please submit the one with the latest date. Coast Guard must submit a certified copy of the military separation from either the Department of Transportation (Before 9/11) or the Department of Homeland Security (After 9/11). Discharge papers must list and Honorable Discharge Status. Discharge papers not listing an Honorable Discharge Status are not acceptable
A copy of a valid State ID Card or Driver's License which identifies the holder of the ID as a Veteran, may also be attached to the application at time of filing.
If items are not attached, you will not be eligible for Veteran Preference
VETERANS MUST PROVIDE ORIGINAL APPLICABLE DISCHARGE PAPERS OR APPLICABLE STATE ID CARD OR DRIVER'S LICENSE AT TIME OF INTERVIEW.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Basic Term Life Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Deferred Compensation Program
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Time
- You may also qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
For further information on our excellent benefits package, please click on the following link: http://www.cookcountyrisk.com/
COOK COUNTY HEALTHAND HOSPITALS SYSTEM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER