About Virginia Tech:
Virginia Tech is a public land-grant university, committed to teaching and learning, research, and outreach to the Commonwealth of Virginia, the nation, and the world. Building on its motto of Ut Prosim (that I may serve), Virginia Tech is dedicated to InclusiveVT—serving in the spirit of community, diversity, and excellence. We seek candidates who adopt and practice the Principles of Community, which are fundamental to our on-going efforts to increase access and inclusion, and to create a community that nurtures learning and growth for all of its members. Virginia Tech actively seeks a broad spectrum of candidates to join our community in preparing leaders for the world.
The VT Center for Autism Research (VTCAR) is a college-level center designed to promote multi-disciplinary state-of-the-art research related to autism and associated neurodevelopmental conditions. We currently focus on four core research areas, including biomedical/imaging, clinical translational, technology, and education research areas. We seek to become a nationally and internationally recognized autism research center, focused on cutting-edge research that merges multiple disciplines to understand the assessment, etiology, development, treatment, and public health impact of autism spectrum disorders. VTCAR will direct research from multiple disciplines that is dependent on grant funding for resources. The research is in collaboration with multiple departments at VT, research institutions, and service agencies. The Budget Manager position will have two primary functions of managing the financial activity of the center and facilitating grant proposal development and submission. Specific job responsibilites include assisting all VTCAR faculty affiliates in the following ways:
- provide support for the preparation, coordination, and submission of collaborative proposals for research funding
- prepare and coordinate budgets for proposal submissions
- assist faculty with management of grant budgets and expenditures, and assist faculty with interpretation of monthly grant reports
- serve as the center's liaison in HokieMart for purchasing of services and materials, and maintain digital archives of materials useful to the research enterprise
- prepare and oversee necessary internal and external reports, including monthly financial statements and other reports
- develop and manage the annual budget for VTCAR and long-range forecasts for revenues and expenses that are relevant to the financial planning for the center
- Bachelor's degree in business, science, psychology, education, or related field or equivalent level of training and/or experience.
- Working knowledge of accounting, bookkeeping, and database management systems.
- Working knowledge of university policies and procedures related to fiscal and purchasing activity.
- Experience using Banner Finance, Excel, Hokiemart, and Banner warehouse.
- Experience with grant writing and submission.
Employee Category: Staff (Salary)
Appointment Type: Restricted
Percent Employment: Full-time
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veteran status; or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees, or applicants; or any other basis protected by law.
For inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies, contact the executive director for Equity and Access at 540-231-2010 or Virginia Tech, North End Center, Suite 2300 (0318), 300 Turner St. NW, Blacksburg, VA 24061.