Utilize the nursing process in care delivery and providenursing leadership for other patient care personnel.
- Completes admitting and shift assessments on assigned patients; accurately and within time-frame set in policy and procedures.
- Utilizes critical judgment to analyze patient assessment data, develops a plan care for each assigned patient and delegates patient care appropriately. Implements complex and individualized nursing interventions for each patient assigned.
- Evaluates the effect of nursing care and modifies interventions based on the patient's response.
- Documents all nursing care given and adheres to nursing standards and institution policies and procedures. Consistently and accurately implements and records physicians' orders.
- Educate patient and family based on assessed needs and documents education provided.
- Acts as a clinical resource to and supervises care delivered by LPNs and Techs.
- Perform routine cleaning of patient rooms, nursing units, clinical areas, restrooms and other assigned areas following established guidelines. Demonstrate the ability to utilize and maintain equipment in a safe and proper manner (including housekeeping cart). Utilize the appropriate cleaning agents and supplies according to established procedures.
- Transport trash, hazardous waste, soiled linen, and recyclable trash to appropriate disposal areas.
- Restock assigned areas and patient rooms with supplies, i.e. paper towels, toilet paper, soap, linen bags, gloves, sharp containers, and clean linen.
- Prepare patients for discharge and accompany them upon dismissal as indicated.
- Perform other related duties as directed that correspond to the overall function of this position.
- Licensed by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing as aRegistered Nurse. Professional specialty certification required for certifiedincumbents.
- Current CPR (Healthcare Provider).
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred.
- Certification by the Emergency Department NursesAssociation as a CEN preferred.
AboutSSM St. Anthony's Hospital
St.Anthony Hospital is a 601-bed regional referral facility specializing incardiology, oncology, surgery and behavioral medicine. The hospital,established in 1898, is located in Midtown Oklahoma City and serves the needsof Central Oklahoma, as well as many counties throughout Oklahoma, through itslarge rural affiliate network of hospitals. Four St. Anthony Healthplexcampuses provide convenient emergency and outpatient service access to theoutlying communities of the metropolitan area. St. Anthony added urgent careservices in May 2015 at St. Anthony North. St. Anthony has received numerousawards including the Oklahoma Quality Award for Excellence, Certified HealthyBusiness, Premier QUEST® Award for High-value Healthcare Citation of Merit,among others. Healthsights ranks St. Anthony at performance levels for qualityand patient satisfaction higher than local competitors and many national healthcare organizations.