Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
1. Review, analyse, negotiate, draft and advise on legal documentation including, but not limited to, non-disclosure agreements, mandate letters, loans, security documents, guarantees, legal opinions and powers of attorney, escalating internally within the legal department where necessary.
2. Support internal projects, new product development, and governance and collaboration frameworks from a legal perspective.
3. Maintain a good working knowledge of changes in law, regulations and market practice affecting the Bank so as to ensure that such changes are taken into account in the Bank's legal documentation.
4. Provide advice to the business regarding legal issues and risks as well as interpretation of legal and regulatory requirements, as and when required.
5. Provide legal training and legal updates to impacted business areas.
6. Assist in managing budget for and relationships with external legal counsel.
7. Ensure compliance with the Bank's rules, policies, procedures and guidelines together with all relevant regulatory and statutory requirements.
UK qualified lawyer (or equivalent qualification in another jurisdiction).
In order to be successful in the role, we are looking for candidates with the following.
Excellent drafting, negotiation and communication skills.
Problem solving skills.
Commercial in approach.
Fully computer literate and able to be self-sufficient in terms of documentation production.
Familiarity with legal financial documentation.
Strong knowledge of principles and practice of domestic law and regulatory rules.
Excellent interpersonal, time management, problem solving and organisational skills.
Work Experience Good experience in either private practice or in-house legal roles.
General experience in banking preferred.
Familiarity with all forms of LMA loan documentation, guarantees, security documents etc.
Education Degree level or equivalent educational qualification.
Qualified as a barrister/solicitor in England and Wales (or equivalent qualification in another jurisdiction)
Please note that due to high volume of responses, we will contact only successful candidates within a week of application.
Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, London branch (a member of MUFG, a global financial group) is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.