Assistant Director of International Recruitment and Admissions
The University of Delaware
The Assistant Director of International Recruitment and Admissions will be implementing the Office of Undergraduate Admissions' international recruitment process. This position will participate, assist developing and implementing the annual plan for international recruitment and admission. This will include the research-based management of foreign and domestic recruitment territories. Some domestic and international travel is required along with participation of the application review process for international freshman and transfer students. The Assistant Director is also responsible for maintaining inter-institutional relationships, providing information about campus and admissions policies and processes to audiences on and off-campus (domestically and internationally). The Assistant Director reports to the Associate Director of International Admissions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conceptualizes and implements strategic initiatives that are of critical importance to meeting the enrollment goals of the University.
- Responsible for carrying out some aspects of the admission and recruitment process including, but not limited to, fall and spring international and domestic recruitment travel. This person will be specializing in recruiting, admitting and converting potential UD students in assigned global territories.
- Establishes and maintains well-documented policy and procedural manuals, communicates updates and changes as required. Maintains record storage and retrieval systems for efficient access to data. Manages recruitment data and analyzes for results and trends. Prepares reports and provides statistical data as requested. Maintain records of interviews and meetings with agents, parents, etc.
- Through individual and group interactions, counseling prospective students, parents and guidance professionals throughout the college application and selection process.
- The candidate will have an excellent ability to write and communicate clearly and effectively. S/he will communicate extensively and regularly with international prospects during the admission process; through electronic communication efforts, and chat procedures, and other forms of both traditional and new media.
- Coordinate with the marketing department or contracted designer to create advertising and promotional materials for both electronic and hard copy; update information on the department website.
- Engage international student alumni for word of mouth advertising and marketing in their respective home countries to increase brand recognition and maximize recruitment trips to the area.
- Review of all admission materials (including foreign credentials), and the provision of admission decisions in a timely fashion
- Assisting all recruitment related events both on- and off-campus.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience: 3 years of experience in recruitment/marketing, international student services or related field.
- Foreign language skill and experience of living and working abroad where English is not official language, will be highly valued.
- Previous International travel experience strongly preferred. Evening, night, and weekend work are required.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication and inter-cultural skills are necessary to articulate the character and purpose of the University to prospective students, parents, and secondary school and college personnel.
- Must have the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- A familiarity with immigration procedures and SEVIS, and experience evaluating foreign educational credentials are necessary.
- The successful candidate must demonstrate commitment to the University of Delaware’s educational mission and core values and possess a valid driver's license and passport.
For a complete list of requirements and job duties and to apply online, please visit the UDJOBS website at www.udel.edu/udjobs Job ID 104293
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from minority group members, women, individuals with a disability and veterans. The University's Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html. Employment offers will be conditioned upon successful completion of a criminal background check. A conviction will not necessarily exclude you from employment.