The Business Development & Market Research Analyst plays a lead role in performing data analysis and research, in support of planning functions and strategic growth initiatives. Assists the Senior Vice President, Strategy & Business Development and Director, Strategic Planning in analysis and business planning for new initiatives. Reports to the Director, Strategic Planning. Major duties & responsibilities include:
- Responsible for determining data and planning needs by communicating with clinicians, administrators, other members of operations, finance, decision support, information technology, marketing and other areas of the organization to identify business challenges/questions and find solutions through data analysis.
- Performs analysis by accessing a wide-range quantitative and qualitative information, including market and trend data, physician productivity, and clinical technology. Acquires external benchmarks and information sets, including competitor market share and clinical service deployment.
- Analyzes large data sources to understand key drivers of the business and uses fact-based analysis to support and enhance decision making.
- Synthesizes information to support new program/service design and establish program/service performance benchmarks.
- Identifies and quantifies business opportunities and supports creation of program development and business plans.
- Responsible for manipulating and displaying quantitative and qualitative information in the form of reports, presentations, maps and graphs that reflect the synthesis, summary and translation of data to deliver a strategic actionable message. Delivers presentations to clinicians and administrators.
- Identifies and develops opportunities for data transformation and process efficiencies to support departmental initiatives. Supports and enhances team's data repository and associated reports; provides training and insights to other team members as necessary.
- Possesses ability to function on a system or service line level, and work with multiple departments often with competing deadlines.
- Possesses ability to work within a matrix structure, including Operations and Finance,
- Responsible for supporting software users throughout organization to extract market and other data sets as well and managing and mining large data sources.
Education & Experience:
- Master's Degree with a minimum of three (3) years of related experience required. Or, Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of five (5) years related experience required. Healthcare industry knowledge, as exemplified by working knowledge of DRG's and ICD-9 codes, service lines, and specialty medicine required.
- Extensive experience in Health Care Strategic Planning or consumer marketing research will be considered.
For more information at to apply, contact Jeff Lowry, Manager, Talent Management at firstname.lastname@example.org.