VCA Elk Grove Animal Hospital is seeking an experienced Associate Veterinarian to join our team.
Located in desirable Elk Grove, California, our growing practice is dedicated to delivering the best medicine to our valued patients. We’re located in an extremely diverse and family-friendly city and many of our clients have been coming to us for more than 20 years.
We see dogs, rabbits, rats, guinea pigs, turtles and tortoises. Our experienced and knowledgeable medical team, consisting of 4 Doctors, 3 RVTs, 3 Veterinary Assistants, 3 Pet Care Attendants, a dedicated Hospital Manager, and 4 well-trained, friendly Receptionists, is fully trained on the latest veterinary medicine and procedures, ensuring our patients receive the best veterinary care in the industry.
About the Hospital:
- Our well-appointed facility includes 4 exam rooms, a spacious treatment area, a dedicated dental table, a surgery suite, and boarding.
- In-house laboratory capabilities include chemistries, electrolytes, Felv/FIV, Parvo, and cytology. We use Antech laboratories for all other diagnostics.
- All of our radiographs are sent out to a Radiologist for an expert opinion and written report.
- Digital Dental radiographs and digital radiographs.
- Ultrasound Machine.
- Surgical monitoring and support includes Cardell, VetStat, and Bair Hugger.
- Complete pharmacy –large inventory of established pharmaceuticals as well as many of the latest developments.
- Complete stock of Hills and Royal Canin food and treats for both dogs and cats.
- Strong involvement with local shelters including the SPCA, Sacramento City Shelter, and the Sacramento County Animal Control.
- Strong focus on client education.
Elk Grove is a wonderful city with lots of options based on lifestyle. It has an ideal year round climate with incredible outdoor opportunities including hiking, mountain biking, water sports, skiing, wine tasting, and camping. It is only an hour and a half drive from San Francisco, Lake Tahoe or Napa Valley with all their accompanying activities. It is also right next to Sacramento, a large metropolitan city with a small town feel. There are many world-class restaurants, fun outdoor cafes, and art theatres to visit in Sacramento. How many places in the world can you have access to both the beach and mountains in less than a 2-hour drive?
If interested in this opportunity, please click here. You will be taken to the job description on VCAJobs.com, where you can learn more and apply online.