We are currently seeking a full-time Help Desk Analyst for our 24X7 Response Center.
The nightshift position works 8:00 p.m. – 8:00 a.m., 3 days on/3 days off. The primary responsibility of the Help Desk Analyst is to take ownership of reported incidents. The Analyst helps the internal and external customers resolve incidents using remote support tools and basic troubleshooting techniques. Help Desk Analysts are the primary contact for status information on every technical support ticket and service request. You will receive excellent experience across a broad range of customers, thorough training, and earn certification in technologies and disciplines of interest to you in building your career.
Company offers full-time employees competitive wages, a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life, disability, a paid time off program, paid holidays and 401(k) retirement savings plan.
Duties and Primary Responsibilities:
- Proudly and professionally represent Ascent Data as the first line of support for customers
- Conduct computer diagnostics onsite and remotely to investigate and resolve problems
- Trouble shoot and resolve systems-related issues in real time to minimize operational down time
- Provide expert support for laptops, desktops, and remote access technologies as well as provide support as required regarding hardware, software, smart phone, and remote access
- Manage user account setup and administration in Active Directory
- Provide basic server and administration support for daily operations in a Windows environment.
- Diagnose and resolve level 1 and 2 technical problems with computer hardware, networking and software
- Install and configure PC hardware and software at end user workstations and test for correct operation
- Train and assist users in the use of personal computers, peripheral devices and software to resolve issues and increase productivity
- Log PC software bugs and search for solutions via information resources and upgrades available on the internet and/or direct communication with software vendors
- Implement approved solutions to achieve increased user efficiency using approved tools and techniques
- Communicate with vendors and 3rd parties to ensure timely and satisfying completion of tasks
- A minimum of one year of experience providing end-user phone support for PC desktop and application software and installing, upgrading, troubleshooting and repairing personal computers in a network environment
- Customer service oriented with strong oral and written communication skills
- Communicate complex information effectively on the telephone & via email to inexperienced computer users
- Knowledge of desktop and server operating systems (Windows XP, Vista, 7, and 8) (Server 2003, 2008 and 2012)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools and Office 365
- MS Office 365 administration (Exchange and SharePoint)
- Knowledge with MS Active Directory
- Strong written and oral communication
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Ability to lift and/or move equipment (10 to 50 lbs.)
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline oriented environment
- Valid Driver's License
Job Type: Full-time
Required education: Associate
Required experience: Help Desk: 1 year