Entry to the first level within this classification requires high school level reading and writing abilities and possession of a valid California Driver's License. Knowledge of and the ability to learn how to use the applicable public safety related equipment and systems are essential. High school diploma or equivalent and three to six months related experience would normally achieve these entry qualifications.
Knowledge and skill requirements:
- Working knowledge of applicable procedures and regulations related to campus security, public safety, and parking.
- Working knowledge of alarm and radio systems.
- Ability to detect and respond appropriately to potential hazardous or crime situations.
- Ability to observe and recall details and incidents.
- Ability to act and resolve parking and traffic problems.
- Ability to write standard incident reports in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to interact effectively with a wide range of individuals including the campus community, general public and law enforcement personnel.
- Ability to handle sensitive situations with tact and confidentiality.
Current employees will be given preferred consideration.
Applicants must successfully complete a background investigation to include criminal records check, DMV check, fingerprint check and prior work history.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a `mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
California State University, San Bernardino is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.
This position may be "Designated" under California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This would require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within 6 months of assuming office and every 2 years thereafter. Visit the Human Resources Conflict of Interest webpage link for additional information: http://hrd.csusb.edu/conflictInterest.html
This position adheres to CSU policies against Sex Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Violence, including Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking. This requires completion of Sexual Violence Prevention Training within 6 months of assuming employment and on a two-year basis thereafter. (Executive Order 1096)