- Candidate must possess a thorough knowledge of the methods and practices used in inspecting, maintaining, issuing, and recording company-wide inventories.
- General knowledge of business accounting, purchasing methods, and record keeping desirable.
- Functional knowledge of standard office practices and use of computers and software programs, such Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word, and/or Access.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft Financials or similar enterprise-wide application is desirable.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of English grammar, spelling, and punctuation and be able to clearly communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to conduct an inventory on widely scattered and diverse property using hand-held scanner.
- Reconcile inventories with control accounts, inspect, and recommend proper disposition of property.
- Keep inventory control records, analyze and interpret financial data, and prepare reports.
- Have the ability to understand and apply applicable rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position.
- Perform mathematical calculations when necessary.
- Ability to maintain customer-friendly attitude with campus community or outside agencies.
Education and Experience:
- Three years of experience inventorying and maintaining control records for a wide variety of property and equipment or expendable storekeeping items. At least two years of college coursework and experience in a university setting is highly desirable.
- Prospective applicants who have not performed similar duties may be considered eligible based on other evidence of meeting the above minimum qualifications of the position.
- Applicant must possess a valid driver's license and be willing to travel to on and off-campus locations when necessary. He/She will be required to take and pass a Defensive Driving test as for the position.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a `mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
California State University, San Bernardino is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.
This position may be "Designated" under California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This would require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within 6 months of assuming office and every 2 years thereafter. Visit the Human Resources Conflict of Interest webpage link for additional information: http://hrd.csusb.edu/conflictInterest.html
This position adheres to CSU policies against Sex Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Violence, including Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking. This requires completion of Sexual Violence Prevention Training within 6 months of assuming employment and on a two-year basis thereafter. (Executive Order 1096)