Position Title Home Purchase Advisor
Supervisory Relationship Home Purchase Manager
Organization General Description
After 25 years and an initial seed capital of $30,000 from area parishes, The Resurrection Project (TRP) has grown to become a powerful and effective social enterprise that seamlessly blends community development, community organizing, and advocacy with human service delivery to create vibrant, healthier, and involved communities. Our efforts have resulted in leveraging over $431 million in community investment.
TRP’s Community Wealth Building Pillar builds financial empowerment and lays the foundation for economic vitality so that individuals and business owners can be directly invested in the community and have a visible stake in its destiny. Individuals are placed on the path of financial stability through
financial coaching, homeownership education and foreclosure prevention. Business owners are connected with resources, training, and capital in order to become sustainable enterprises that contribute to the resurgence of the community by providing jobs, trade and economic vitality. The pillar is focused on becoming a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI).
General Job Description
The Home Purchase Advisor is responsible for assisting prospective homebuyers to navigate through the home purchase process by providing one-on-one counseling, homebuyer education and access to
mortgage and financial products. The Home Purchase Advisor assists with the implementations of financial literacy and housing education initiatives, including workshops and special housing related projects.
The Home Purchase Advisor is a member of the Financial Wellness department and the Community Wealth Building Pillar, and works with other staff to further TRP's mission through the promotion of financial literacy, sustainable homeownership, and wealth building.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides individual home purchase counseling services (approximately 80% of time).
o Comprehensive one-on-one counseling and analysis for prospective homebuyers. The analysis includes review of credit, debt, savings, budgeting, down payment assistance options, access to mortgage and financial products, and the development of a financial action plan.
- Facilitate financial education workshops (approximately 20% of time).
o Assist and support in the development and implementation of educational programs and workshops. Facilitate workshops for the community on topics relevant to prospective homebuyers such as credit
and money management, steps to buy a home, down payment assistance and mortgage products.
- Develop individualized action plans with one-on-one counseling clients.
- Recruit community participants.
- Maintain accurate data and reporting systems to effectively track client and program progress; adhere to all guidelines related to confidentiality of files and records.
- Coordinate with other TRP staff to offer home purchase services to clients across departments.
- Develop and maintain relationships and knowledge of programs with government agencies, local financing programs and other community resources.
- Work closely with other Financial Wellness staff to enhance and further develop current courses and expand services provided.
- Cultivate, manage, and expand relationships with participants, leaders, TRP member institutions, and partners to promote and further TRP's Financial Wellness goals and organizational mission.
- Maintain required job skills and core professional competencies.
- Attend and participate in required educational programs and staff meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Achievement of annual clients served goal, including annual workshops and counseling goals.
- Achievement of initial, six-month, and annual client financial follow-up.
- Timely, quality production of workshop materials.
- Timely, quality production of marketing/communication materials.
- Timely follow-up with clients and accurate tracking of all communication.
- Timely, quality, and accurate reporting, as assigned by Manager.
- Effective development of relationships and communication with member institutions, leaders, and partners.
- Active participation in required staff and team meetings and programs.