Bachelor's Degree, Master's Degree or M.Ed. preferred, and a minimum of ten-plus years of administrative experience in a higher education setting, of which duties included management and/or coordination of programs and services, policy development, administration and/or project management required. Experience in two or more of the following areas is required: professional development and training; marketing and communications, including social media); and/or fundraising and/or grant development and implementation.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and administer strategic planning and evaluation;
- Ability to think strategically and to develop relevant and realistic plans and goals for the division;
- Ability to work effectively within the UMass organization and the ability to work independently, yet collaboratively and take initiative;
- Ability to use technology to promote access, efficiency and effectiveness of programs and services;
- Competence in communication both verbally and in writing (including social media) to establish positive and public interpersonal relationships and sustainable connection;
- Commitment to the mission and philosophy of the university, with a clear understanding respect and support for the priorities and goals of the division;
- Strong skills in leadership, planning, negotiation and management and the ability to interact productively with a wide variety of people at all levels and roles;
- Strong problem solving, organizational, analytical, interpersonal skills and the flexibility and interest to continuously learn;
- Strong commitment to student success and customer service.
- High degree of diplomacy especially in responding to inquiries of a delicate nature and/or student crisis.
The University of Massachusetts Boston is committed to providing a safe and secure environment that is supported by qualified employees for all of its students, faculty and staff to carry out the University's teaching, research and public service missions. As a condition of employment, the University will conduct appropriate background check reviews. For more information, please see the University of Massachusetts Boston campus policy and procedures for employee background reviews:
Please apply online with your resume, cover letter, and list of three professional work references.
- Professional Non-Union.
- Full time. Benefited.
- Unrestricted funding.
- Hiring Salary Range: $85,000-$99,999.
Closing date for applications: March 3, 2017.
The University of Massachusetts Boston provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, or genetic information. In addition to federal law requirements, the University of Massachusetts Boston complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the university operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Among the procedures which may be used to select personnel to fill vacant positions are review of work experience, reference checks, and interviews. All appointments and promotions will be effective on a Sunday.