Caldwell University invites applications for a full-time Assistant Systems Administrator & Network Analyst. Reporting to both the Director of Administrative Technology and the Network Manager, this position will be responsible for assisting in the support of the University’s administrative systems along with the network infrastructure.
Core aspects of the job consist of:
- Assisting administrative staff with the use of the Jenzabar Student Information System (SIS)
- Providing infrastructure support to ensure high availability, security, and usability of the data and voice network
- System administration for CBORD and Blackbaud systems
- Scrutinizing potential network threats and mitigate as necessary
- Performing data transfers between administrative systems
- Helping to launch new IT applications in conjunction with other IT staff
- Maintaining and administering access to the campus portal
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or one to two years of experience in a related field is required. Experience with SQL Server, Oracle, Jenzabar, and/or Cisco and VMWare systems is a plus. CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate) preferred. The successful candidate will be a team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills who is knowledgeable about programming logic, has basic IT skills, an understanding of network infrastructure along with SQL and report writing. Candidates must be willing to support the Catholic Dominican mission of the University.
Caldwell University is a private, Catholic, coed four-year university with a strong liberal arts core curriculum that enhances critical thinking and analytical reasoning. Its 25 undergraduate programs, 27 graduate programs and one Ph.D. program, including online and distance learning options, prepare students for today's global marketplace. Students enjoy 12 NCAA Division II athletic teams and numerous clubs, fraternities, sororities and activities on a beautiful 70-acre campus located in the suburbs of Caldwell, N.J. The university was founded by the Sisters of Saint Dominic of Caldwell. The university's core values of respect, integrity, community and excellence influence academic and campus life. For more information about Caldwell University, visit caldwell.edu.
Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter specifying position, and complete contact information from three professional references.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position has been filled.
Caldwell University is EOE