- Experience with enterprise storage area network (SAN) technology, managing block and unified storage arrays, multipath host configuration, and fabric zoning. Experience with network-attached solutions (NAS) and configuring network file systems (NFS, CIFS).
- Strong background in Windows, Linux, and Apple system administration concepts and practices, including configuration of network services, servers, security, backup, recovery, automation, and system tuning.
- Extensive experience with enterprise applications, protocols and standards, especially directory (LDAP), e-mail (SMTP, IMAP, POP3), calendaring, and web (HTTP) services.
- Advanced knowledge of identity management concepts (Single Sign-On; Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting; LDAP; SSL/TLS; PKI).
- Strong knowledge of systems and information security standards and their achievement in a heterogeneous environment.
- Data center management and best practices, including virtualized computing and storage technologies, backup, recovery, and archiving strategies.
The Systems Engineer should have several years of experience interfacing with all of these technologies, some comfort level as an administrator for most of them, and deep core competency in some of the following:
- Experience managing a VMWare vSphere cluster environment
- Experience managing EMC Storage Arrays (VNX, Unisphere, PowerPath)
- Experience with Active Directory, OpenLDAP, Apache, MySQL, IIS, SQL Server, and database queries
- Experience with Windows 2008, 2012; Linux, RHEL & Unix, IBM PowerPC (AIX/UNIX)
- Experience with Citrix technologies
- Experience with Google Apps Directory Sync & Google Apps Administration, and Office 365
- Scripting or Programming Languages: Bash, batch, powershell, vbscript, C+, C# or similar
- Knowledge of technology service frameworks such as ITIL
- Experience working in an academic environment
- Advanced Systems Administration Certifications: AIX, RHEL, MCP
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, information technology, or related field or 5+ years equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of demonstrated Technical proficiency, IT project leadership, documentation and architecture experience.
- Current technology certifications preferred.
- Must have experience with successful technology implementation and integration projects.
The above information on this position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by individuals within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans With Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case-by-case basis.
*** Application Instructions Specific to this Position ***
Currently enrolled Berklee students may not apply for staff or faculty positions.
Applicants who are both interested and qualified should submit the following materials:
- Cover letter that addresses the applicant’s capabilities and experiences.
- A resume or CV.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. The position will remain open for applications until filled.
Berklee College of Music is committed to increasing the diversity of the college community and the curriculum. Candidates who can contribute to that goal are encouraged to apply and to identify their strengths in this area.
Berklee provides a diverse and inclusive work environment
We all share a universal love for listening to, and creating music
We work on Macs