| New York Life Investments, a division of New York Life Insurance Company, is one of the world's largest global asset managers. With more than $500 billion in assets under management, the Investments Group manages premiums paid by the company's six million policyholders, and a global asset management business. New York Life Investments offers a full suite of guaranteed products and annuities, as well as institutional and retail asset management products. It also oversees ten independent investment management boutiques responsible for managing the company's third party assets. |
The General Account Portfolio Management and Strategy team at NYL Investors, a $240 billion asset management firm and wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company, is searching for an investment professional with 5-10 years of portfolio management/analyst experience. The individual is expected to play a key role in the investment management process. Specifically, the individual will conduct empirical analyses, create and backtest investment strategies, measure and attribute investment performance and forecast investment outcomes under different scenarios. Other responsibilities include performing market research and creating presentations, developing and maintaining tools to track investment activities against targets, producing investment reports, and providing financial data to clients. The candidate will also interact with financial and actuarial staff in business units to help identify and craft investment solutions. In addition, the candidate will assist in managing the execution of the General Account investment program.
- The individual should be intellectually curious, self-motivated, detail-oriented, a problem solver, and possess strong communication skills.
- The ideal candidate will be comfortable viewing markets and asset-allocation from both a fundamental, as well as quantitative perspective.
- The ability to analyze the markets and economic environment and to distill the main drivers for senior management will enhance the candidate's value.
- A person that is willing to join a team and collaborate across lines of business will be successful in this role.
- Experience with asset/liability management is a plus, as is insurance and annuity product knowledge.
- An undergraduate degree in finance, computer science, mathematics, or other highly quantitative discipline is required. An MBA or CFA would be a plus.
- The individual must be fluent in using Excel, proficient in programming in VBA and SQL (experience in Matlab, R, C++ or Python would be a plus) and able to analyze large data sets to assist in the management of a broad universe of fixed income assets.
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
* Based on revenue as reported by "Fortune 500, Ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual)," Fortune Magazine, June 15, 2015. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/2015/ for methodology.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company's profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US(GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach ( non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.