| Unit Description|
Surgical procedures are a top specialty at Saint Joseph Hospital in Denver. Consistently ranked as one of the top hospitals in the country for general surgery, Saint Joseph Hospital is among the top healthcare providers in the nation when it comes to safety, reduced risk of complications and clinical outcomes.
Saint Joseph Hospital is a regional leader in:
- Heart and vascular surgery
- Prostate surgery
- Surgical weight loss procedures
- Breast surgery
- Spine surgery
- Orthopedic and joint replacement surgery
- Gastrointestinal surgery
- Plastic and reconstructive surgery
Care Site Description
Saint Joseph Hospital is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health â?? and hope â?? to our patients.
- Denver (estab.1873)
- Largest acute care provider in Denver area
- 2,397 associates, 1,332 medical staff, 108 residents
- 371 beds
- New $623 million, 360-bed, 826,000-square-foot replacement facility (December 2014)
Services & Expertise
- Breast Care Center
- Cardiovascular Services
- Center for Women and Infants
- Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Emergency Services
- Medical Imaging
- Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- Surgical Care
- Weight Loss Surgery Center
Kudos: Saint Joseph Hospital offers excellence across the continuum of care for patients.
The PONI program at Saint Joseph Hospital will begin April 10th, 2017 and is a 6 month training program for RNs in the Operating Room. RNs will be trained to scrub and circulate in all the modalities within the Operating Room through the 6 month training program. There is a contractual agreement for the program which requires continuous work in the OR for 2 years post the 6 month training. The schedule will be full -time (40 hours per week) Monday - Thursday 0645-1915 (with Friday's off) during the training program.
The Registered Nurse will provide direct patient care, meeting both psychological and physical needs of the patients in accordance with physiciansâ?? orders, Joint Commission, OSHA, nursing and department guidelines. The RN fulfills these duties to contribute to the continuity and quality of care which fosters the best interest and well-being of all patients and their families.
- Conduct and document a thorough assessment of each patientâ??s medical status upon admission and throughout the patientâ??s course of treatment.
- Assist in the development and implementation of an individualized treatment plan for each assigned patient.
- Comply with evaluation, treatment and documentation guidelines described.
- Complete required documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
- Oversee care delivered by Licensed Practical Nurses and Certified Nursing Assistants.
- Attend and participate in clinical team conferences regarding patient progress, problems and needs.
- Act in compliance with hospital, regulatory and professional standards and guidelines.
- Access continuing education opportunities appropriate to discipline and responsibilities in order to maintain clinical currency.
- Adheres to facility policies and procedures and participates in facility quality improvement and safety programs.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
Â· The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
- Associate's degree in nursing, required (If you are an ADN, you must obtain a BSN within 5 years' of employment)
- Bachelor's degree in nursing, preferred
- Valid license as a Registered Nurse in the State of CO is required
- Possess a current Basic Life Support Certification, required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, required
- Prefer One (1) year of inpatient nursing experience in an inpatient hospital unit is strongly preferred