St. Anthony Summit Medical Center is a Level III Trauma Center serviced by Flight For Life® Colorado and nationally recognized for excellence in patient satisfaction. We provide a full range of medical specialties and health care services to Summit County and the surrounding areas including Surgical, Emergency, Critical Care, Birth Center, Orthopedic, Breast Care, Digital Mammography, Breast MRI, Radiology and Imaging, Nuclear Medicine, Cardiology, Summit Sleep Disorders Center, Ear Nose and Throat (ENT) and Summit Spine Services. Located in the charming mountain community of Frisco, CO, St. Anthony Summit Medical Center has provided 30+ years of service to residents and the visitors who enjoy spending time in these world famous outdoor playgrounds. In addition, Summit Medical Center employs seasonal professionals (Nov. to April) to support Colorado’s nearby ski resorts with on-site urgent care during the busy winter months. Enjoy an exceptional quality of life year-round with walking/bike trails right outside your door, arts and music festivals, and of course skiing, snowboarding and every winter activity imaginable. For more about Summit Medical Center and life in Frisco, CO please visit http://www.summitmedicalcenter.org.
Job Description/Job Posting ID: 94912
Recruiter Contact: KatelinHazelwood@Centura.Org
Clinic/Department: 8762 SASMC PATIENT REGISTRATION
Hospital: SUMMIT HOSPITAL
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Friday, Saturday & Sunday, 6pm - 6am
Create a positive impression for each patient, family member, visitor or staff while performing the tasks of pre-admitting, admitting and/or registering, routing or escorting patients, family or visitors. The PAR will interview patients or relatives to obtain demographic and financial information required to complete the registration/admission and record the information in the electronic record system. The PAR will verify insurance benefits; explain financial requirements to the patient or patient representative, and collect the outstanding patient portion prior to or at the point of service. Will serve as a mentor to new associates and assist in new employee orientation.
- Primary Responsibilities Include: registration, insurance verification, cash collections, phone management, customer service, problem solving and workflow management.
Minimum Education Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED required
Minimum Experience Requirements:
- Office experience in a healthcare environment, medical terminology, ability to multitask and prioritization skills preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point, Windows XP, Windows 7, utilization of website search engines.
- CPR Certification (as required by facility)
- Maintain an accuracy rate within the departmental guidelines.
- Demonstrates the importance of quality and integrity of capturing patient information with regards to patient confidentiality.
- Utilizes technology to verify and document insurance eligibility of patients accurately, efficiently, and timely according to established standards.
- Obtain signatures, verify accuracy of information, and scan documents into electronic patient record as applicable.
- Consistently performs the registration process through timely, accurate, and courteous completion of patient clinical and financial data. Work daily reports as assigned.
- Train in other Patient Access areas.
- Collects patient portion from patients prior to or at time of service (following MSE).
- A referral to a financial counselor will be initiated if the patient cannot pay the amount due.
- Sedentary Work - prolonged periods of sitting and exert/lift up to 10 lbs. force occasionally)
Important notification to applicants as of Nov. 20, 2014: Effective Jan. 1, 2015, Centura Health will no longer hire tobacco users in Colorado and Kansas. The change to our policy does not apply to associates hired on or before Dec. 31, 2014. Centura Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.