Come join one of the Grand Valleys most comprehensive Diabetes Management programs. St. Mary’s Diabetes Education Center is an American Diabetes Association “Recognized” program. Our comprehensive services include individual and group education on Diabetes Management with our education focused on self-management. We recently launched a Diabetes Prevention Program in conjunction with the Mesa County Department of Health. Clients of all ages access our services. We are seeking a registered dietician to manage our medical nutrition therapy and diabetes education.
You’ll collaborate with multidisciplinary team members to provide the very best care for patients. The RD position completes patient screening, assessment ,reassessment, care plan development, and nutrition education to patients and/or family members. The Registered Dietitian regularly communicates with physicians and other disciplines to ensure patients receive quality nutrition and diabetes care.
Care Site Description
St. Mary's Medical Center in Grand Junction, Colorado is part of SCL Health System, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health — and hope — to our patients.
Fast Facts about St. Mary's and Grand Junction
- Grand Junction , Colo. (estab. 1896) Population: 146,000
- Awe-inspring natural beauty and the dramatic red rock landscape of the Colorado National Monument
- 300+ days of sunshine
- Exhilarating outdoor adventures including hiking, camping, biking or skiing on the Grand Mesa
- Incredible whitewater rafting on the Colorado River
- Hundreds of miles of world-class mountain biking trails
- A charming downtown full of great shops, restaurants, art galleries, and more
- The heart of Colorado's wine country
- Close to world-famous destinations such as Moab, Utah, Telluride, Aspen, and Glenwood Springs
- Regional Medical Center serving western Colo. & eastern Utah
- 2,020 associates, 434 physicians
- 346 beds (310 are staffed)
Services & Expertise
- Cardiac & Vascular Services
- Center for Brain & Spine Surgery
- Emergency Services
- Family Medicine Residency
- Level II Trauma Center with Pediatric Commitment
- Neonatal Intensive Care
- Orthopedics & Spine Center
- Primary Stroke Center
- Regional Blood Center
- Regional Cancer Center
- Surgical Specialties incl. minimally invasive & robotics
- Women's Health & Childbirth Services
For hospital information, Visit: www.stmarygj.org
For information on our community, Visit: www.visitgrandjunction.com
Promotes the continuous assessment and improvement of the quality of care services according to normative standards of excellence and practice according to the American Diabetes Association.
Recommends a nutritional care plan based on outcome of nutritional/diabetic assessment.
Completes diabetic education needs assessment/post assessment procedures adopted from the American Diabetic Association recognition program.
Provide diabetes self-management skills education employing the American Diabetic Association standardized diabetes curriculum that supports American Association of Diabetic Educators self-care behaviors.
Communicates client care plan interventions to appropriate staff members.
Serves as an active member of the St. Mary's Diabetes Education Center Advisory Board.
Provides community education and communication as appropriate and as requested
Maintains continuing education hours per requirements set by the ADA Recognition Program.
Greater than 1related experience
License / Certification / Registration
Registered Dietitian. Certified Diabetes Educator.
Works in a well lit, heated and ventilated area. Position requires considerable mobility throughout the facilities. Potential exposure to routine, communicable diseases through regular contact with employees and the public at large.