| Position Overview |
Manages fumigation staff of Service Department of branch to provide quality service to customers. Works to ensure safety and quality of work for fumigation crews. Trains and instills high quality standards, safety, and legal compliance in associates.
1. Manages, monitors, and motivates staff of the fume service department to provide quality service to customers in a timely manner.
2. Provides continuing, up-to-date training of fume service.
3. Ensures team performs work in accordance to TMX fumigation standard operating procedures, label, and legal compliance through inspections and audits of fumigation work by the fume team. Ensures and is responsible for safety of fumigation associates and communication of safety standards to associates.
4. Ensures team meets production goals on a daily basis.
5. Responds to and works to resolve escalated customer complaints.
6. Maintains storage inventory and follows storage regulations of fumigation materials.
7. Interacts with sales team to provide exceptional customer service, create a strong level of job preparation, and have constant communication.
8. Manages and projects capacity, while maintaining a minimal backlog of service orders.
9. Actively recruits strong candidates and ensure proper staffing levels are met.
10. Personally takes responsibilities of a fume crew member in the event of an absent crew member, to include driving.
11. Ensures paperwork is fully completed and submitted in a timely manner, to include subcontractor work as well.
12. Ensures team is utilizing TMX fumigation app and are fully compliant with usage.
13. Meets with team leaders to ensure consistency of messages and direction of department.
1. Two years college coursework or an associate's degree strongly preferred
2. 1-2 years related experience and/or training
3. Current state Fumigation Licensure required and must be kept active
4. Ability to speak Spanish is highly preferred
5. CDL and Hazmat certification required
6. CPR and First Aid certification required
7. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
8. Ability to write simple correspondence
9. Must pass a Pulmonary Function Test and SCBA Fit Test
10. Valid Drivers' License
11. Skill in verbal and written communication
12. Skill in supervising of associates
13. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
14. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
15. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
16. Ability to use Microsoft Office and learn new technology (such as smart phones)
17. Knowledge of fumigation chemicals and the regulations that apply to them
18. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
19. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or diagram, or schedule form.
20. Familiar with DOT rules and regulations
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential function to this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Incumbent must be prepared to:
Move up to 10 pounds regularly, and 11-20 lbs frequently, by lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or otherwise repositioning objects. Exerting up to 50 lbs of force to move objects is required occasionally.
Use legs and/or hands and arms to ascend or descend ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles, etc., in a manner that exceeds what is required for ordinary locomotion.
Maintain his/her balance when walking, standing, or crouching on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces; balance exceeds that needed for ordinary locomotion.
Bend legs and spine downward and forward to crouch or squat, and bend legs at the knee to come to rest on a surface with one or both knees, including crawling on hands and knees or hands and feet.
Push objects forward, downward, or outward with sustained force using the upper extremities to press with steady force, and drag, draw, haul, or tug objects with sustained motion using the upper extremities to exert force.
Extend his/her hands and arms in any direction to reach objects, and move objects from a lower to a higher position, or move objects horizontally from one position to another, by lifting or carrying objects either in his/her hands or arms or by strapping equipment to the body; requires substantial use of upper extremities and back muscles.
Use touch of skin to perceive attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature, or texture; particularly fingertips.
Express or exchange ideas with others through the use of spoken word, quickly, accurately, and at an easily audible volume, and receive detailed information through oral communication at usual speaking levels without correction, and/or make fine discriminations in the nature of sounds in the environment.
Operate a motor vehicle and use electrically and manually powered hand tools for securing objects to surfaces.
Incumbent is required to have:
Close visual acuity to perform detail oriented activities at distances close to the eyes, as well as visual acuity to perform acuity to perform activities at or within arm's reach with skill, control, and accuracy, and to determine the accuracy, neatness, and/or thoroughness of work assigned, or make general observations of facilities or structures (i.e., inspection).
Visual acuity to operate motor vehicles or equipment.
Incumbent will be subject to:
Both inside (not necessarily temperature controlled) and outside (without protection from weather; extreme heat above 100 and/or cold below 32 for more than one hour) environmental conditions.
Hazardous physical conditions, such as mechanical parts, vehicles, electrical current, heights, and scaffolding, chemical exposure, and/or high heat.
Atmospheric conditions affecting the respiratory system of the skin, such as fumes, odors, dust, mold, mist, gas, poor ventilation.
Exposure to animals and insects.
Meet physical requirements and/or pass medical certification in compliance with state and/or federal regulatory requirements and company safety policies relating to carrying and wearing personal protective equipment (PPE), including, but not limited to an OSHA compliant respirator.
Working in confined spaces, narrow aisles, or passageways which could cause reactions in those with claustrophobic tendencies.
ServiceMaster is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to this position. An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.