Department: University Police
The George Mason University Police Department invites applicants for the Lead Supervisor position. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason's academic and culturally inclusive environment.
The department is a fully sworn, nationally accredited police department through the Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies (CALEA). The Police Department provides professional police services to a diverse university population of over 33,000 students, plus faculty and staff. George Mason University is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William; as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth of Virginia.
The Lead Supervisor performs administrative, supervisory, security and safety-related tasks to include access control within the University Police Department to ensure a safe and secure environment. The incumbent coordinates training and supervises security personnel daily. In addition, the applicant must:
- Provide professional/caring community-oriented service;
- Manage the physical security supervisors and personnel of university buildings and grounds for all distributed campuses;
- Create protocol and procedures related to security;
- Create schedules and set up billing for all contracts;
- Prepare reports and documentation regarding findings, and make recommendations for increased security policies and protocols;
- Provide security to the community; and
- Provide support to the police department.
- Hold a valid driver's license;
- Ability to learn quickly and retain information;
- Ability to multitask, work well under pressure, and to work with a diverse community; and
- High school diploma or equivalent education/experience.
- Prior law enforcement experience is helpful, but not necessary.
Candidates must successfully complete a rigid background check.
Salary: Anticipated starting salary is $36,000
Criminal Background Check: Standard Background Check
Mason Ad Statement:
Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report “Up and Coming” spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Mason’s diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 00841z at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.