Posting Number: S004597
Full Time/Part Time: Full-time
Department: Experiential Programs:H0563
Duties and Responsibilities:
Manages the day-to-day operations of a university program, which may include the supervision of staff employees and/or student workers.
Plans and develops methods and procedures for implementing and administering the program.
Manages program-specific budgetary and fiscal activities, including budget planning and analysis.
Provides guidance to subordinate professionals in carrying out program objectives.
May prepare or participate in the preparation of abstracts, research reports, funding proposals, operations and procedure manuals, and other written material and documentation as required.
Reviews reports and records of activities to ensure progress is being made toward specified program objectives.
Manages and administers grants for program, including the coordination of meetings, communications, scholarships and other operations.
Develops, implements and maintains appropriate policies and procedures concerning program administration.
May supervise statistical analyses of data using PC-based statistical programs; establishes and maintains database on research studies, policy issues, etc.
Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Requires a directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
Requires a minimum of one (1) year of directly job-related experience.
Additional Posting Information:
1. Communicates and Interface with healthcare professionals who provide experiential training to pharmacy students both in written, face to face, and other communication methods.
2. Develops and maintain databases and electronic learning management systems software.
3. Prepares reports, manuals, and other documents to support the learning and research activities of students and faculty.
4. Conducts and develops formal training to students, healthcare professionals and faculty regarding program policies and procedures.
5. Skilled in Microsoft Office: Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher, OneNote.
6. Manages program specific fiscal activities, affiliation agreements and contracts.
*Please note that experience will not substitute for degree.
The submission of the following documents is required to be considered as a candidate for this position: Cover letter delineating the manner in which your work experience applies to the posting.
Complete UH application including salary history.
Three work references. We expect you to name current and past supervisors.
Failure to provide all of the documents listed above may result in the disqualification of your application.
NOTE: We will maintain your confidentiality and notify you in advance of making contact with any of your references. References will be contacted after the interviewing process has been completed.
The University of Houston is a Tobacco Free Campus.