| Under the direction of the Executive Director of Capital Planning and Space Management responsible for complete project management on small projects and provides assistance in the planning, coordination, direction and execution of project management activities on larger projects. Assists with Space Management. Liaison between the Executive Director of Capital Planning and Space Management, Capital Construction Project Manager and others in Facilities and Architects, Engineers, Contractors, Vendors, Consultants, and others on Projects.|
Provides project coordination and support in the areas of document control, coordination, accounting, communication, and distribution of project specific information, authorizations, documentation and statuses. Maintains current coordination, administration and document control functions to manage and ensure adherence to all pertinent financial information, project status, and documentation.
This position is temporarily funded and will be reviewed annually at the discretion of the University for continued funding.
• Functional knowledge of construction contracts, documentation procedures, administration support activities to ensure performance to project requirements.
• Obtains and maintains contract information, data, information, communications, and approvals required by project and company requirements between owner, architects, engineers, contractors/subcontractors, or other project related entities.
• Maintains complex project logs and tracking of relevant details, data and information.
• Participates in meeting preparation, support and documentation.
• Prepares, provides support, and publishes reports, metrics, detailed information documents and communications for project staff and project leadership.
• Manages data and documentation relevant to project operations and affiliate providers; subcontractors, owners, suppliers, etc.
• Ensures project information and documents are logged for costs, guarantees/ warranties, and related provisions for project leadership and handover to owner entities.
• Provides all services and objectives to ensure quality project services.
• Coordinates and assists with or manages Pre-Construction and Weekly Construction meetings.
• Coordinates and assists with or manages Punchlist completion and Project Close-Out.
• Assists with or leads drawing review.
• Updates construction schedules.
• Facilitates and / or manages project management software to ensure all Project Team members are informed of the status of the tasks assigned to a Project.
• Manages or assists with managing Vendors and other outside contracted providers of goods and / or services.
• Manages or assists with bid process.
• Coordinates and executes procurement process including quote generation, release of PO's, Order Confirmation, and tracking of all shipments.
• Controls, tracks and distributes all documents including drawings, specifications, and standards, contractor and engineering submittals, change orders, RFI's, etc.
• Ensures document management and control system is established for all Projects.
• Schedules and attends meetings, issuing agendas, meeting requests, reserving resources.
• Authoring and distributing meeting minutes.
• Assists in compiling monthly project reports and compiling project metrics.
• Logistics coordination of all procured goods for delivery to site, or into storage.
• Tracks all aspects of the financial progress of a Project; assists with compiling benchmarking data based on vendor invoice data, and other metrics.
• Receives, challenges if necessary, and analyzes Project invoices to ensure the accurate capture of project costs.
• Performs other duties as required.