NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Buyer (Clinical).
In this role, the successful candidate is responsible for order placement and pricing negotiations. This role will provide customer service support to departments within the Hospital. This person will also be responsible for sourcing orders, reviewing terms and conditions, negotiating with Suppliers and will be involved with various projects to improve the process of the Purchasing Operations group
- Ensures uninterrupted supply of materials and services of a critical nature and of significant spend volumes across the hospitals. Locates sources of supply when contracted sources are unable to meet demands.
- Works closely with Strategic Sourcing team members to identify opportunities for competitive market reviews, supplier negotiations and contracting, along with maintaining clear concise records of buying decisions.
- Recognizes the value and impact of core purchasing technologies and works with IT and the Departments Application Delivery and Automation Team to automate processes to the greatest practical extent and maximize its functionalities.
- Conducts business in a timely, professional, and ethical manner at all times.
- Initiates follow-up on orders to clarify, change or solve discrepancies.
- Cooperates with internal and external customers to ensure efficient operations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of three years purchasing experience is required or in absence of a degree, significant experience of purchasing functions in highly relevant role is acceptable.
- Strong writing and oral communication skills.
- Strong customer focus with a sense of urgency and high level of accountability
- Experience with purchasing systems and supply chain management technologies.
- Ability to analyze, suggest and improve processes to improve total group efficiency and productivity are preferred
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.