NYU Langone Medical Center, a world-class, patient-centered, integrated, academic medical center, is one of the nation's premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research and medical education. Located in the heart of Manhattan, NYU Langone is composed of four hospitals - Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation; the Hospital for Joint Diseases, one of only five hospitals in the nation dedicated to orthopaedics and rheumatology; and Hassenfeld Children's Hospital, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children's health services across the medical center - plus the NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. The medical center's tri-fold mission to serve, teach and discover is achieved 365 days a year through the seamless integration of a culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education and research. For more information, go to www.NYULMC.org.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a FGP Account Representative.
In this role, the successful candidate Analyzes,computes, bills, follows-up, corrects, and enters claim information in the billing system as assigned by management; billing; English usage, grammar, and spelling; basic math.
- Attends all required training classes; escalates issues to management as needed; maintains confidentiality; reads and applies policies and procedures to make appropriate decisions; works with minimal supervision; coordinates functions and works cooperatively with others; explains processes and procedures to others; performs other related duties as assigned;
- Participates in workgroups and meetings;
- Ensures that work complies with operational policies and procedures, and regulatory requirements;
- Uses payer websites, billing system and/or communicates with providers, patients, coders, or other responsible persons, to ensure the correctness and completeness of charges and claims, or to follow-up on accounts receivable to ensure that items in assigned work queue(s) are resolved within required timeframes;
- Completes monthly action plans;
- Review reports to identify revenue opportunities and unpaid claims;
- Enters account notes using standard formatting;
- Follows workflows provided in training classes and requests additional training as needed;
- Identifies payer and provider credentialing issues and addresses them with management;
- Performs daily tasks in assigned workqueues and according to manager assignments;
- Provides input on system edits, processes, policies, and billing procedures to ensure maximization of revenues;
- Performs billing tasks assigned by management which may include data entry, claim review, charge review, accounts receivable follow-up, or other related responsibilities.
To qualify you must have experience in medical billing, accounts receivable, insurance, or related duties; or formal training or education in medical billing that provides the required knowledge and abilities. H.S. Diploma,. Knowledge of: Current Procedures Codes (CPT) and International Class of Diseases Codes (ICD9) utilized in medical billing; medical billing software; healthcare billing including Medicare, Medicaid, or other third party payers; terminology utilized in medical
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Medical Center provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents. And just as our employees invest so much in us, we invest in our employees. We're pleased to have one of the most competitive compensation packages not only among New York's hospitals and healthcare institutions, but within the corporate sector as well. We begin with exceptional medical, dental, and drug coverage. We enhance this basic coverage with comprehensive wellness programs, and supplement those with retirement investment and benefits plans, and generous paid time off allowances. Add to that a very attractive tuition program, and you'll see just some of the ways that NYU Langone Medical Center demonstrates our commitment to our employees.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information.