NYU Langone Medical Center, a world-class, patient-centered, integrated, academic medical center, is one of the nation's premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research and medical education. Located in the heart of Manhattan, NYU Langone is composed of four hospitals - Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation; the Hospital for Joint Diseases, one of only five hospitals in the nation dedicated to orthopaedics and rheumatology; and Hassenfeld Children's Hospital, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children's health services across the medical center - plus the NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. The medical center's tri-fold mission to serve, teach and discover is achieved 365 days a year through the seamless integration of a culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education and research. For more information, go to www.NYULMC.org.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Grant Coordinator.
In this role, the successful candidate The Grants Coordinator works closely with the Vice Chair of Research and the Director of Research Administration to provide pre- and post-award administrative support for the Department of Population Health.
- Maintain records to support review of faculty effort for an annual process with faculty records, for federal time and effort reporting, and for a quarterly internal review process with each division.
- Maintain grants-related reports at the department level including number of submissions, awards and success rates especially related to large collaborative grants.
- Validate data reported in the institutions research dashboard against internal records.
- Provide pre-award support to Divisions as needed including completing all non-scientific portions of grant applications for Principal Investigators. Gather required documents from collaborators and subcontractor organizations as needed. Enter grant into Research Navigator and work with the department and Sponsored Programs Administration to ensure the grant is submitted by the funder due date.
- Work closely with Director of Research Administration to conduct initial reviews of basic grant submissions and non-competing continuations.
- Provide guidance to faculty and staff related to sponsor requirements as well as institutional and departmental grants policy.
- Support Vice Chair of Research in implementing mock study sections, researching funding opportunities, and gathering and disseminating resource documents to foster stronger grant applications.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To qualify you must have a Bachelors degree in Business, Health Administration or a related discipline, and a minimum of three to five years relevant combination of education and experience; Experience working in a team oriented environment with ability to take initiative and work independentlyProven ability to meet deadlines and produce high quality productsRelated experience in an academic research administration environment strongly preferred. Thorough knowledge of pre- and post-award grants administrationUnderstands federal, state and local policies governing sponsored researchBasic knowledge of accounting, budgeting and finance. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to support and work with a diverse group of faculty and staff, and interpersonal and problem-solving skills requiredAbility to implement, and interpret policies and procedures and communicate sensitive information verbally and in writing to a diverse populationAbility to assess situations and provide solutions to mitigate problems or issues during grants submission processDemonstrated ability to work independently..
Expertise in Microsoft Office software; strength in database applications
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Medical Center provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents. And just as our employees invest so much in us, we invest in our employees. We're pleased to have one of the most competitive compensation packages not only among New York's hospitals and healthcare institutions, but within the corporate sector as well. We begin with exceptional medical, dental, and drug coverage. We enhance this basic coverage with comprehensive wellness programs, and supplement those with retirement investment and benefits plans, and generous paid time off allowances. Add to that a very attractive tuition program, and you'll see just some of the ways that NYU Langone Medical Center demonstrates our commitment to our employees.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information.