| POSITION DETAILSReporting to the Director of Career Exploration and Development Center at Lehman College, this position will:|
* Provide individualized career counseling and assistance to undergraduates, graduate students, and recent alumni.
* Work with students in exploring majors, seeking career direction, considering internships, and searching for job opportunities.
* Serve in a liaison capacity with professional programs and faculty to collaborate on recruiting initiatives.
* Prepare and facilitate professional development workshops on resume/cover letter preparation, interviewing techniques, job search strategies, networking, communications, and others.
* Administer and interpret career instruments such as Myers-Briggs, Strong Interest Inventory, and Self-Directed Search.
* Develop and maintain strong employer connections; coordinate information and recruitment sessions.
* Train and supervise staff and graduate assistants on special projects.
* Work on collaborative and specialized programming with faculty, student services professionals, campus clubs and organizations.
* Develop and monitor a platform of social media and networking technologies such as Blogging/Facebook/LinkedIn/Twitter/YouTube to engage with students, alumni, and employers.Some evening and weekend work required.QUALIFICATIONSBachelor's Degree and four years' related experience required.Bachelor's degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling, Higher Education or related area. Master's degree preferred. Four years counseling experience required or combined experience in counseling, education, or business. Counseling experience in higher education preferred. Excellent verbal, writing, interpersonal, and organizational skills. Ability to function well in an energetic and creative team environment. Knowledge of web-based career management systems, career-building technologies and administrative software are essential. Commitment to serving a diverse, urban student population.CUNY TITLE OVERVIEWAdministers career development programs and services in a College or Unit.
* Assists in developing and implementing career planning programs and services.
* Takes a lead role in a portfolio of ongoing programs, such as orientation or workshop programs
* May supervise a unit or program, hiring, training, and managing staff
* Consults with faculty, staff, administrators, and employers regarding students career development needs
* Assists in collection, tabulation and analysis of outcomes data for students and other stakeholders, as well as research of employment and market trends
* Assists in policy development and strategic planning/special projects.
* Serves as a liaison to student groups, clubs, and athletic organizations.
* Represents career office on college committees, conferences, and to the College community at large
* Conducts outreach programming, orienting employers and other constituents to services
* Performs related duties as assigned.Job Title Name: Student Career Program SpecialistCUNY TITLEHigher Education AssistantFLSAExemptCOMPENSATION AND BENEFITSSalary commensurate with education and experience.CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.HOW TO APPLYVisit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.Candidates must attach a resume, cover letter, and three professional references (name, title, organization, and contact information).For technical issues:Contact the service desk by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you can, provide screenshots. Please do not provide your User Account password; it is not needed to investigate any issue.For other questions:For questions about the content of any job posting, please contact the Human Resources department: Recruiting@lehman.cuny.edu.CLOSING DATEReview of resumes will begin March 6, 2017 and continue until a candidate is identified.JOB SEARCH CATEGORYCUNY Job Posting: Managerial/ProfessionalEQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYCUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.*Location:
* Lehman College*Job Title:
* Student Career Program Specialist*Job ID:
* 16337*Full/Part Time: