| About Us |
Risk Management Group is an independent, centralised unit responsible for ensuring all risk across Macquarie are appropriately assessed and managed. Its divisions include Credit, Prudential, Capital and Markets, Market Risk, Operational Risk, Compliance, Quantitative Applications and Internal Audit.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers .
About the Role
Reporting to the Head of Credit Risk in Hong Kong, this position will provide credit analysis to facilitate overall credit approval process for counterparties, mainly Asian portfolio, including banks, securities firms, corporates and state-owned enterprises. The candidate will also provide support in assessing credit risk arising from the Asian Securities, Commodities, Foreign Exchange and Fixed Income trading businesses.
- Conduct counterparty annual and interim reviews as well as new counterparty initial reviews
- Provide recommendations for credit limits which are supported by thorough analysis and well-executed interpretation of relevant financial, industry, business and market information.
- Actively monitor credit quality and global exposure of the portfolio to existing and target clients by being current with industry and economic trends and market information to address any credit concerns and resolve issues
- Ensure appropriate guidelines, procedures and approvals are in place for new products and limits, through proactive liaison with the appropriate business units and other relevant areas, including senior management in the Risk Management Group.
- Reviewing and analysing derivative and lending transactions to ensure that they are well structured, meet appropriate return hurdles and have risk appetite appropriately determined
- Review and negotiation of legal trading documentation in consultation with Legal and the business.
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships with Business Functions, Collateral Management Team, Client Management Unit, Risk and Legal.
- Daily monitoring of credit exposure and excess reporting.
Key Experience Required:
- Strong tertiary qualifications, preferably in Commerce, Finance, Accounting.
- Flexible and lateral thinker who is comfortable being challenged and has a commercial mindset
- High degree of ownership, delivery and timeliness in a fast-paced, output focused environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good organisation and time management skills to deal with multiple and conflicting demands and time constraints.
- Attention to details.
- Diligence and team spirit.
- Willingness and drive to learn.
- Have a strong interest and knowledge in derivative products and capital markets
- Strong spoken and written English. Profiency in an Asian language skill (i.e. Chinese or Korean) will be an advantage.
This opportunity would suit highly analytical and commercially oriented individuals who enjoy working in a challenging and complex environment.
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Advertised: 05 Dec 2016 China Standard Time