| Job Description: |
Bank of America is one of the world's largest financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses and large corporations with a full range of banking, investing, asset management and other financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for its international businesses and is a long-established participant in Asia Pacific with a presence since 1947. With 23 offices in 12 geographies, covering nine currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, the company offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate & Investment Banking, Global Markets and Wealth Management, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining top diverse talent from across the globe. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to actively promote an inclusive work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve personal success and contribute to the growth of our business. Each of our global Employee Networks bring together employees, create dialogue and awareness in support of our Diversity and Inclusion mission.
Job Description and Responsibilities
Later China Country Compliance Head overseeing Hong Kong, Taiwan and China Compliance teams, to be expanded into a North Asia Country Compliance Head also overseeing South Korea Compliance. The China, Taiwan, Hong Kong and South Korea team will report directly into this person. He/she will directly be responsible for managing regulatory relationship and key exams in Hong Kong with the two Tier 1 regulators - Hong Kong Monetary Authority and Securities and Futures Commission. In addition, he/she will provide leadership and guidance to key initiatives for the Bank including China Local Incorporation and BSASL (local incorporated bank in Hong Kong) re-activation.
- Develop, lead and manage the North Asia Compliance function;
- Establish a consistent governance and control framework that assures that regulatory requirements addressing Compliance risk in North Asia are identified, communicated and managed in a timely and comprehensive manner;
- Ensure that all regulatory exams and inquiries in North Asia are handled in an appropriate manner;
- Lead and participate in drafting and reviewing policies and procedures, providing advice on compliance policies, participating in new product reviews, reviewing outsourcing arrangements, and providing compliance training as necessary
- Represent Compliance at any Hong Kong entity or country management team meetings/committees.
- Possess strong regulatory relationships with the primary regulators in Hong Kong and, to a lesser extent, in the China, South Korea and Taiwan.
- Maintain effective contact with industry experts to ensure the bank sustains best practice in maintaining effective awareness (and management) of Compliance risks.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent in a related discipline, with at least 10 years of compliance/regulatory/audit experience
- Experience with cross border / multi-geography Compliance programme delivery with an emphasis on Hong Kong and Greater China;
- Strong appreciation of the complexities of operating in Hong Kong and Greater China; and
- Ability to read, write and speak fluent English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
- Significant experience in managing Compliance teams, including substantial senior level responsibility and a firm understanding of governance processes and procedures;
- Ability to stay well-informed on different programs and initiatives across the bank and assess potential dependencies;
- Have excellent people management skills with proven motivation and leadership skills.
Posting Date: 02/02/2017
Location: HK--Hong Kong
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40