FULL-TIME VITREORETINAL SURGEON: The University of Florida College of Medicine - Jacksonville, Florida is looking to add a fellowship-trained Vitreoretinal Surgeon to join the Department of Ophthalmology / UF Jacksonville Eye Institute faculty. Applicants at any level of career track and rank may apply as the position can be structured depending on level of experience and interest. Salary will be commensurate to classification, rank, and experience. Candidate can be appointed either on Tenure or Clinical track. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Provide medical and surgical vitreoretinal care to the patients
- Provide comprehensive care and cataract surgery for the patients
- Participate in training of residents and medical students, when needed.
- Create, enhance and maintain a prompt, patient friendly, cost effective clinical service
- Be responsible for excellent communication with primary care physicians
- Provide after hours and emergency on-call coverage
- Perform research responsibilities as assigned
- Participate in division meetings, administrative functions and institutional committees as requested
The University of Florida is an equal opportunity institution dedicated to building a broadly diverse and inclusive faculty and staff.
This is an excellent academic opportunity with potential for significant career and compensation growth. It is a multi-specialty single location academic practice currently consisting of 5 ophthalmologists and looking to expand. UFEI is an academic department with a robust clinical volume. The UFEI also has its own ophthalmology specific surgery center. The practice is open to the interests of potential candidates, and flexibility exists for those seeking specific experiences or career paths. Given the range of possibilities, both experienced and recent graduates are welcome to apply. Hiring and appointment will be through the University of Florida, with excellent benefits including health care, retirement, and paid vacation/sick leave. The compensation structure is competitive and commensurate with all levels of experience. Jacksonville is a youthful and growing city on the northeast Atlantic coast of Florida. It offers excellent year-round weather, affordable housing, superb dining and cultural events, as well as having some of the best beaches in Florida. It has an easily accessible international airport, a wide range of shopping, and a diversely employed professional population.