Cal Poly Information Technology Services (ITS) is looking for a Technical Architect to lead the design and development of technology enabled collaboration spaces and classrooms of the future.
(ITS) makes it easier for students, faculty, and staff to learn, research, teach, and work by providing great service and innovative information technology solutions. Our team of more than 100 professionals works in a highly collaborative environment, using Agile methods and Lean principles to shape the technology landscape of Cal Poly. As part of our vibrant campus culture, members of ITS work with talented Cal Poly employees and students to take on impactful, cutting-edge projects and provide day-to-day support to our customers. ITS values professional development and provides individual and organization-wide education and training opportunities for our employees.
In this position you will be a part of our growing Customer Technology and Support Team within Cal Poly Information Technology Services (ITS).
The Technical Architect works with an expanding professional staff responsible for delivering exceptional customer service and highly successful technology to the university. Serving as a bridge between service and technology, the Technical Architect develops and delivers solutions that transform teaching and learning at Cal Poly. Core services include:
- client engagement and technical support
- classroom and collaboration space design, standards development, estimating and engineering
- web conferencing and distance learning systems design
- multimedia and data visualization solutions programming, design and engineering
- facilities project planning, management and implementation
- vendor and contractor relations management
- Medical, dental and vision plans at low or no cost to employee.
- Tuition fee waiver program for employee and dependents.
- Generous CalPERS retirement plan.
- Located on the beautiful Central Coast of California.
- Additional tax-deferred investment options (403b, 457, 401k).
- Access to a state-of-the art recreation center and gym facilities.
- Pre-tax health and dependent care reimbursement accounts