Applicants must submit their qualifications via UCLA's Career Opportunities website at https://hr.mycareer.ucla.edu Reference position # 25333. AA/EEO
The complete listing of qualifications is available on UCLA's official job posting.
- Minimum 3-5 years' experience in grant or scientific writing, grant review, and grant administration in an academic setting, with preference for training grant and/or large programmatic/center grant expertise.
- Experience and skill with writing and editing for research, including grant applications, IRB applications and manuscripts for peer reviewed publications.
- Strong understanding of grant/contract regulations and standard proposal requirements.
- Well-established track record of contributing to the writing, preparation, and successful competition for external funding opportunities, as well as outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge and experience with the preparation, submission, and management of Federal training grants.
- Experience in performing systematic reviews and search engines, e.g., PubMed.
- Experience using reference software such as EndNote.
UCLA offers a comprehensive benefits package, including an average of three weeks' vacation per year; an average of 12 days per year sick leave; 12 paid holidays per year; health, dental and optical benefits; life insurance; disability insurance; the University of California Retirement Plan with 5 year vesting and various voluntary UC Savings Plans. There are also special programs and privileges available, such as accessibility to cultural and recreational programs, athletic events, and the University Credit Union.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy - http://policy.ucop.edu/doc/4000376/NondiscrimAffirmAct