Do you have a passion for Training and Development in new and exciting nationwide business ventures? Would you love to be part of a team that’s set to expand from coast to coast in Canada? Do you want to play a crucial role in changing the landscape of entertainment in Canada? Now that I have your attention and have peaked your interest – let’s tell you a bit about this revolutionary new concept called The Rec Room.
About The Rec Room: The Rec Room is Canada’s premier ‘Eats & Entertainment’ destination that brings together incredible dining, amusement gaming, technology and live entertainment experiences all under one roof. Part of Cineplex Entertainment, The Rec Room is a premier social destination and the ultimate gathering spot for corporate events, groups and parties. While each location is customized to the individual community, The Rec Room concept features multiple dining environments and a wide range of entertainment options including a large amusement games area featuring state-of-the-art simulation, feature attractions and redemption games as well as an auditorium-style space perfect for musical acts, bands and comedians. For more information, visit TheRecRoom.com or follow the action on social media through Facebook (TheRecRoomCA), Twitter (@TheRecRoomCA), Snapchat (@TheRecRoomCA) and Instagram (@TheRecRoomCA).
About Cineplex Entertainment: Cineplex Entertainment is the #1 theatre exhibition company in Canada, serving more than 77 million guests annually. Proudly Canadian and with approximately 13,000 employees, the Cineplex family of theatres includes the following: Cineplex Odeon, SilverCity, Galaxy Cinemas, Scotiabank Theatres, Cineplex Cinemas and Cineplex VIP Cinemas. Our company offers competitive compensation and incentive programs coupled with comprehensive benefit programs, which includes health, dental and retirement savings plans. To learn more about Cineplex Entertainment please visit our website at www.cineplex.com. To learn more about The Rec Room, please visit our website at www.therecroom.com
The Human Resources department currently has an opportunity available for a Field Training Specialist, The Rec Room, reporting to the Training Manager, The Rec Room. This position will be responsible for supporting new and existing Rec Room locations, nationally. This position will be based out of the Rec Room Support Centre in Toronto, primarily working in unit locations.
The Rec Room Field Training Specialist (RRFTS) role is a national position with a strong partnership with corporate and local Human Resources, The Rec Room Support Centre, and local Rec Room management teams. The RRFTS is involved in: overseeing and ensuring that new and existing Rec Room locations execute training programs according to national standards. This includes overseeing the on-boarding of newly hired and newly promoted management, working with Rec Room management teams to ensure effective on-the-job training for all levels within Rec Room locations, executing post-opening training plans, and supporting Managers and Players who are delivering theoretical and practical training. The RRFTS provides coaching and training sustainment solutions to Rec Room managers to ensure a consistent, high level of execution, supporting business initiatives from a learning and succession management perspective. Along with the Training Manager, the RRFTS analyzes all location-specific and national data, including employee opinion results, guest feedback results, performance management results, business results and other available metrics to evaluate the effectiveness of training execution and identify additional training opportunities. The RRFTS may also contribute to the design of performance solutions to meet the corporate strategies and objectives, as required.
Rec Room Operations:
- Provides training, coaching and guidance throughout hiring and training fairs for new builds in an upscale casual dining concept, with full FOH and BOH knowledge of all positions. Additionally, the RRFTS supports systems, guest service, and sales training in all restaurants, amusement centers, and live entertainment venues.
- Demonstrates the ability to move from a leader of trainers, to being a “hands-on” trainer in identified situations, to support key learnings with specific teams.
- Through regular location visits and conversations with managers at all levels, continuously evaluates and adjusts the support and development provided in each location, based on key performance indicators and metrics.
- Along with the Rec Room Training Manager and Human Resources and Support Centre partners, analyzes employee opinion surveys and works to provide relevant training solutions
- Maintains a highly visible and accessible profile in Rec Room locations, providing players and management with coaching, training and support
- Ensures consistency of execution of all training and development programs within Rec Room locations
- Acts as a leader and ambassador for the Rec Room programs, within Cineplex Academy and is responsible for training results
- Contributes to the creation and oversees the execution of training plans for new builds and acts as a project manager for relevant training-related activities
- Follows up with all newly hired and promoted managers to ensure they have been on-boarded as per the company programs and proactively identifies and escalates issues to the Training Manager and other Support Centre partners
Training Consulting and Facilitation:
- Contributes to the training strategy for filling in-location skill gaps at all levels, based on relevant data and observation
- Helps to coordinate a training calendar, prioritize activities based on the needs of the market and establish monthly training deliverables
- Analyzes performance management reports and other inputs to identify trends and recommend solutions based on development needs
- Provides training, support and monitors progress for newly promoted or newly hired managers and high potential individuals at all levels
- Manages in-building training programs by ensuring there are an adequate number of qualified training resources and follows up on training processes.
- Assists the Training Manager and the Corporate Risk and Audit team in ensuring that location managers are scheduling and monitoring all nationally and provincially required training for employees, such as legislated training on Health and safety, First Aid, Smart Serve, etc. to ensure national and provincial compliance