This position, housed in Elon Athletics, will report to the Director of Career Development in the Student Professional Development Center (SPDC). The position will provide career advising/coaching for all Elon student-athletes, engage with employers to identify internship and full-time job opportunities, assist in the planning and execution of SPDC career programs and events and create athlete-specific career development programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide career development coaching and advising for all Elon student-athletes.
- Serve as a bridge between Elon Athletics and the SPDC to access appropriate resources.
- Create and facilitate student-athlete career development programs.
- Assist in managing and executing SPDC programs such as the Job and Internship Expo, the Graduate & Professional School Fair and other events held on campus throughout the year.
- Work with Corporate & Employer Relations team to identify internship and full-time opportunities for student-athletes.
- Meet with coaches and athletic administrators on a regular basis to identify and coordinate summer internships for student-athletes.
- Advocate for student-athletes in SPDC programming.
- Track student-athlete employment and graduate school acceptance, collect outcome information and support First Destination reporting.
- Coordinate communication of outcomes success through presentations, collateral materials, or other forms of media.
- Represent the SPDC and Elon Athletics to develop relationships with alumni and potential employers by attending Phoenix Club meetings and other university functions during the year.
- Demonstrate a commitment to NCAA rules, compliance, and adherence to NCAA regulations.
- Develop career programming and meet with student-athletes after hours, as needed, to accommodate team training and practice schedules.
- The position will report to the Director of Career Development in the SPDC in close collaboration with Elon Athletics.