CHIEF MEDICAL OFFICER
Elizabeth Seton Pediatric Center (ESPC)
Elizabeth Seton Pediatric Center, the largest pediatric sub-acute health facility in the country, is seeking a Chief Medical Officer to join its mission driven, high performing, growing health system in the greater NYC metropolitan area. ESPC is a freestanding, not-for-profit organization sponsored by the Sisters of Charity that includes a continuum of care on two campuses with an outpatient clinic and special education school serving over 5,000 children annually. The visionary CMO has the opportunity to make an indelible influence on the care and lives of 137, soon to be 169, medically complex children with the opening of our expansion in June.
We live by our core values and in the words of St. Elizabeth Seton "All are Welcome" who seek our help and it will be provided with respect, dignity and compassion.
The successful CMO candidate will:
- Create a culture of physician engagement, accountability and shared responsibility for patient safety and quality while supporting the growth and development of clinical programs.
- Drive clinical change to improve outcomes and reduce variations in care using standards of evidenced based best practices.
- Have proven leadership with a track record leveraging cross-functional collaborative relationships to achieve shared organizational goals.
- Be able to challenge the status quo, take risks and defy convention for raising the standards of care for our children.
- Work with diverse populations and believes that advocacy is a core responsibility of service that demonstrates and magnifies credibility to open doors and minds.
- Promote a culture of learning by partnering with regional pediatric hospitals providing continuing education opportunities for staff.
- Demonstrate credibility by ensuring transparency and openness by standing firmly on principle. “Doing the right thing” for our children and families.
Experience and educational requirements include:
- Five to ten years of experience in and demonstrated commitment to the care of infants, children and adolescents who have complex medical, physical, and developmental problems and their families
- Minimum of 5 years or progressive leadership experience in Pediatric healthcare.
- Graduate of an accredited MD program required and completion of an accredited pediatric residency.
- License to practice medicine in the State of New York.
- Certification by the American Board of Pediatrics.
For more information and to apply online, visit https://setonpediatricareers.Silkroad.com
The Elizabeth Seton Pediatric Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all candidates for employment equally regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, citizenship, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.