Professional Attributes and Experience
Has a history of creating exquisite design solutions and impeccable execution.
Can easily adapt into a contributing member of the F+M project team and provide seasoned graphic design suggestions and solutions.
Able to make F+M a top priority, with rapid response for meetings, design drawings and technical drawings.
Well organized, on time, with clear communication and project skills.
Lives in the Bay Area and can easily visit the F+M San Francisco office.
Has 5 years experience providing the services described.
Expertise and Skill Sets
- Follow F+M conceptual schematic direction and move graphic elements into design development, technical drawings and potential fabrication and installation.
- Can write and adhere to budgets for project hours and signage / graphic fabrication.
- Has long-term relationships with signage / graphic fabricators.
- 5+ years of environmental graphic design experience with supporting portfolio.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe Illustrator.
- Expert visual sense and understanding of typography, composition, legibility, standards development, documentation, fabrication and implementation.
- Possesses expert graphic design skills, especially: typography, layout, and production methods.
- Proven experience telling brand stories in your graphic design.
- Exceptional design sense with the ability to integrate messaging, color, imagery, and typography into three-dimensionally built environments.
- Create innovative, creative and complete design concepts.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to receive and deliver constructive critique.
- Strong presentation and graphic communication skills, able to fully express design concepts to clients.
- Expert knowledge of working drawings and procedures.
- Understanding of architectural drawings and diagrams.
- Ability to coordinate custom solutions with fabricator and installer.
- Business license and Federal Tax ID.
- Ability to handle Revit files or Revit export files.
- Experience preparing plans, schedules, sections, elevations and drawing packages.
- Proficiency designing in scale and familiarity with architectural construction documents, elevations, plans, and shop drawings.
So, you have seen our work – now let’s see yours!
Smart, passionate applicants should submit a qualification letter to Dana Elliott, which addresses your ability to fulfill the project requirements, samples of similar project work you have been responsible for designing and executing, your hourly rate, and your immediate availability. These samples may be emailed provided the file is less than 5 MB or sent via an online portfolio. firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not contact Fennie + Mehl.
Qualified applicants will be contacted upon receipt. Due to a high volume of applicants, only those most qualified will be contacted.