- A Research Doctorate, (i.e. Ph.D, Dr.PH, Sc.D, or Ed.D), in Health Policy, Health Systems, Public Policy, Political Science, or a related social science field
- A minimum of (3) years teaching experience within a higher education setting
- An active program of research, and a track record of publications and grant activity
- Undergraduate teaching and/or professional experience in health policy and advocacy
- A background in evidence-based practice and cultural competence
- A strong commitment to teaching excellence, health-related scholarship that informs teaching, and university and professional service
The successful candidate will teach courses in the newly developed Health Science undergraduate major. Courses include: Health Care Policy, History of the US Healthcare System, Patient Education and Advocacy, Global Health Care Systems, and Government Policy and Politics.
The program offers three (3) academic tracks of study to prepare students for professional opportunities:
- Pre-Nursing Preparation
- Pre-Physician Assistant Preparation
The program offers four (4) areas of concentration:
- Health Policy and Advocacy
- Global Health
- Quality Improvement and Patient Safety
How to apply:
E-mail a CV and cover letter detailing research, teaching and service experience and goals to CHPEducatorJobs@pace.edu. Application reviews will continue until the position is filled. Faculty appointment commences on 9/1/17.
For more information about the Department of Health Studies, please visit www.pace.edu/healthstudies. For more information about the Bachelor’s of Science in Health Science, please visit http://www.pace.edu/college-health-professions/undergraduate-programs/bachelor-science-health-science.
Pace University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.