| The ILR School is seeking an Administrative Assistant IV for the K. Lisa Yang and Hock E. Tan Employment and Disability Institute (YTI) in the Extension Division of the ILR School. |
This position will provide administrative and program support to the Project Director(s), related PIs, and project personnel for externally-funded research projects at YTI, a research, extended education and technical assistance program of a national and regional scope that provides research, information and training on disability and the workplace.
Areas of responsibility include: providing materials development support, training program and conference coordination support for the Northeast ADA Center including coordination and communication with regards to both online webinars and in person trainings to be scheduled in NYS, NJ, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands. In addition the job requires continual contact with the broad project community and ability to respond to an array of technical assistance queries pertaining to the elements of the initiative including, but not limited to: the ADA, Trainer Network Program, Professional Development Program for Employees with Disabilities, Stakeholder Panel, DRCVI, Making Work Happen website, and other public entitlements.
The position requires the ability to create and format reports in Excel; proof read, edit, and format program materials such as but not limited to briefs, flyers, and research reports in Word and InDesign; create and format Power Point Presentations; manipulate logos and images in Illustrator and Photoshop; create accessible materials with regards to styles and tagging in material development programs already mentioned and including basic HTML and Adobe Acrobat.
The position demands the ability to manage multiple tasks and to prioritize work on projects working simultaneously, and the ability to work successfully under pressure with minimal supervision at a variety of tasks within a fast-paced, team-oriented, diverse office setting.
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of four years of experience in an office setting or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven ability to successfully manage and prioritize multiple tasks while working simultaneously under pressure within a fast-paced, busy, office environment.
- Must possess the ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment.
- Ability to interact tactfully with diverse groups of individuals.
- Ability to take initiative and be a pro-active team member.
- Must have outstanding organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including proofreading and editing skills and experience taking meeting minutes.
- Expertise in Microsoft products including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Adobe Acrobat X Pro, HTML.
- Prior experience with event planning.
- General database operating knowledge.
- Minimum six years of experience in an office setting (preferably research based).
- Experience in proofing and editing technical and scientific papers in the social sciences.
- Prior experience working with web development tools.
- Experience with project planning/management software.
- Experience with webinar event support and platforms.
- Knowledge of various disability-related programs.
- Experience with grant submission process.
- Knowledge of Cornell University travel and reimbursement and payment request systems.
- Demonstrated history and continued commitment to Cornell University's ideals and "Staff Skills for Success"
No relocation assistance or visa sponsorship provided for this position.
Interested parties need to submit a resume and cover letter describing their qualifications.
University Job Title:Administrative Asst IV
Pay Rate Type:Hourly
Contact Name:Susan O'Neil
Number of Openings:1
Diversity and Inclusion are a part of Cornell University's heritage. We are a recognized employer and educator valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.2017-02-01-08:00