Requisition ID: req1379
Job Title: Dean- Enrollment Services
Department: Enrollment Services
Location: Columbus Campus
Employment Type: Administrator/Executive/Manager
Employment Status: Board Approved
Bargaining Unit: Non-Bargaining Unit
FLSA Status: Exempt
Compensation Type: Annual
Compensation: Commensurate with Experience
Schedule: M-F, 8am-5pm; and other hours as needed
Job Description: As the front door to higher education in Ohio, Columbus State Community College seeks an experienced, strategic leader to further advance the institution's mission and enrollment as the Dean of Enrollment Services. Reporting directly to the Vice President, the Dean oversees strategies, departments, and initiatives within Enrollment Services, including Admissions, Financial Aid, Registration and Student Records, Integrated Enrollment Systems and Data Team, the Telephone Information Center, and Columbus State's student one-stop center, Student Central. The Dean is one of the chief architects of the college's strategic enrollment management plan and is directly responsible for ensuring ongoing student success within these critical enrollment service functions. The Dean is also the primary enrollment data analyst for the division, working collaboratively with Institutional Effectiveness and Academic Affairs to understand student data and behaviors, and using data to inform strategic enrollment decision-making.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for a proven leader in enrollment management to join the leadership team of a progressive, comprehensive institution. The Dean provides management of all aspects of the College's enrollment related departments in order to shape the future of in an institution with a consistent commitment to student engagement, learning, and success. As a member of the Deans Council, the Dean is consistently called upon to work collaboratively with the President, President's Cabinet, Academic Affairs, and other campus and community leaders.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed below. Reasonable accommodations will be made for persons with disabilities, covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, in accordance with its requirements.
The Dean of Enrollment Services has the following job duties:
1) Provides strategic leadership and management, and maintains accountability for Enrollment Services Division operations (Admissions, Records and Registration, Telephone Information Center, Financial Aid, the Integrated Data and Systems Team, and Student Central); leads the preparation of the division's strategic plan, including a significant portion of the Columbus State Strategic Enrollment Management Plan, and provides guidance to supervisors in implementing departmental strategic initiatives, consistent with the overall strategic objectives of the division; delegates responsibilities and provided direction in planning and implementing programming.
2) Prepares, monitors, controls, and ensures compliance with division budget, comprising of multiple department budgets.
3) Supervises assigned supervisors and staff in performance of job duties and responsibilities. Assigns and delegates tasks, provides direction, resolves work problems, communicates job expectations, trains employees and develops professional growth development opportunities. Carries out, explains, interprets and enforces policy. Conducts annual employee evaluations, and recommends pay increases, promotions and other personnel actions. Approves leaves and authorizes overtime as appropriate. Participates in employee selection process. Administers disciplinary actions upon approval, and in collaboration with Human Resources.
4) Works collegially across campus with other offices to develop and implement College policy and practices consistent with the values of the College, and to fulfill the College's vision and mission. Ensures compliance with College's diversity philosophy and goals. Develops and administers policy for assigned division.
5) Maintains confidentiality of student academic records; personnel strategies, issues, and other confidential and sensitive information.
6) Works assigned schedule exhibits regular and predictable attendance and works outside of normal schedule as needed to meet workload demands.
7) Performs other related duties as required.
Usual Physical Demands: The incumbent of this position typically exhibits the physical demands identified in the Functional Job Analysis on file in the College's Human Resources Department and which is periodically reviewed and updated. Physical demands listed in the Functional Job Analysis are not job qualification standards, but are used to help the College assess and determine reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified individuals covered by the American's with Disabilities Act.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally stands and walks and frequently sits. The employee frequently uses hands to handle and feel and occasionally reaches with hands or arms. The employee frequently converses in person and on the telephone and lifts up to 10 pounds. The employee uses close vision while using the computer.
Working Conditions: Normal office working conditions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of: higher education administration; executive leadership; advanced level management principles and practices; international education trends and issues; budget management. Skill in: verbal and written communications. Ability to: manage and provide leadership from an executive level; apply management principles to practical situations within multiple departments; manage and control multiple budgets; manage and accomplish results through delegation of accountability and responsibility to management staff; maintain confidential and sensitive information; develop and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, supervisors, students, general public, and other job contacts; work with and effectively manage persons of varying cultures and diversity.
Master's Degree in education, academic administration, or closely related field of study with at least seven years demonstrable experience in enrollment management practices; proven understanding of federal and state financial aid and student records compliance standards. State Motor Vehicle Operator's License or demonstrable ability to gain access to work site(s).
Preferred Qualifications: Direct experience in working with non-traditional students, high school dual credit, and first generation and other under-served populations.
Additional Information: Resume/ Cover Letter should address applicant's understanding of federal and state financial aid and student records compliance standards, demonstrate understanding of enrollment management best practices, and describe applicant's experience working with non-traditional students, high school dual credit, and first generation and other underserved populations, if applicable.
This position will remain open until filled. Priority consideration given to candidates who submit credentials by February 24th, 2017.