NYU Langone Medical Center, a world-class, patient-centered, integrated, academic medical center, is one of the nation's premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research and medical education. Located in the heart of Manhattan, NYU Langone is composed of four hospitals - Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation; the Hospital for Joint Diseases, one of only five hospitals in the nation dedicated to orthopaedics and rheumatology; and Hassenfeld Children's Hospital, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children's health services across the medical center - plus the NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. The medical center's tri-fold mission to serve, teach and discover is achieved 365 days a year through the seamless integration of a culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education and research. For more information, go to www.NYULMC.org.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Distribution Attendant.
This position is responsible for performing a full range of order fulfillment and receiving/warehouse functions including loading and unloading, shipping, receiving, weighing, tagging, sorting, counting, stocking, storing, packing and unpacking of supplies, mail, and equipment; operates postage equipment. This position will also receive supplies and equipment and verify count against bill of lading, packing slips and other accompanying documents. Downloads pick tickets utilizing inventory control applications and scanning handheld devices and assembles orders for par program and Nursing Units while following hospital/departmental policies and procedures; distributes supplies and equipment throughout the Medical Center using manual equipment, U-boats, hand or platform trucks; sorts and weighs outgoing mail from campus departments and offices into established mail services breakdown; operates mail processing maintains accurate incoming and outgoing mail volume records; prepares and maintains First Class Presort, vendor mail pickup, and delivery receipts. Performs related record-keeping functions such as logs, returns, notes involving damage or adjustments.
- Makes special pickups/deliveries of time-related materials, large, bulky, and heavy mail items, parcels, or mailbags. Runs errands and performs simple routine messenger duties.
- Maintains efficient and proper care of all hospital materials handling supplies and equipment. Sorts and distributes mail on a timely basis. Maintains all postage meters. Answers mail services telephone and provides individuals with assistance regarding mailing information and mail preparation.
- Operates pallet jacks, forklift trucks, other material handling equipment to pick supplies and equipment from stock in a safe and efficient manner. Adheres to all workload schedules. Maintains a clean, neat, and orderly work area.
- Conducts proofreading and checking of documents for accuracy and inputting/retrieving data into or from an automated inventory control computer system or handheld devices. Performs cycle counts and physical inventory responsibilities. Notifies Supervisor of inventory discrepancies in the store room or supply closets.
- Ensures that supplies and equipment delivered to the end users or for the par program are accounted for by a complete, appropriate and accurate document (ie: requisition, pick ticket, purchase order etc.).
- Makes deliveries of requested supplies for patient care areas throughout the Medical Center. Obtains appropriate authorizing signatures when issuing supplies.
- Ensures par-stock carts are accurately filled to the appropriate stock level. Ensures a neat and orderly appearance of the supply carts.
- Maintains inventory levels by checking shelves, restocking supply carts, and maintaining supply records. Picks and assembles supplies and equipment into boxes/totes to facilitate movement of materials to specified Nursing Units and par program. Replenishes par-stock carts on patient care areas, including med/surg, intravenous and instrument supplies.
- Receives, loads and unloads pallets of supplies and places them into pallet racks and shelving units by hand or power and manual equipment, making sure to rotate supplies in accordance with expiration date.
- Reports all discrepancies such as over-shipment, shortages, damages, incorrect catalog numbers and POs or unusual situation to supervisory staff. Maintains accurate records of all transactions, as required.
- Breaks down and separates incoming shipments of supplies and equipment and sorts them onto platform trucks, u-boats and pallets according to building for distribution to final destination. Obtains appropriate authorizing signatures when delivering supplies to the end users.
- Receives, unloads and loads hospital supplies and equipment. Receives supplies and equipment from vendors and verifies accuracy and count of items received. Performs labeling, sorting, wrapping, tagging, stocking, packing and unpacking of supplies and equipment and repacking for shipment as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Must have a High School or General Equivalent Diploma. Accuracy in record-keeping. Strong attention to detail. Maintains professional interactions with customers and materials management staff. Demonstrates an ability to function successfully in a team environment. Exhibits courteous, compassionate and respectful treatment of internal and external customers.
Two years of warehouse and/or store experience preferred. Effective communication skills, verbal and written. Experience working with computerized inventory management and warehousing systems such as barcode and handheld scanning devices etc. Effectively plan, organize, prioritize, and execute work/projects with attention to details. Accuracy in record-keeping. Strong attention to detail. Participates in identifying problems and suggesting solutions. Maintains professional interactions with customers and materials management staff. Demonstrates an ability to function successfully in a team environment. Exhibits courteous, compassionate and respectful treatment of internal and external customers. Efficient and safe operation of postal equipment, material handling equipment (Forklift, power and manual jacks etc).
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Medical Center provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents. And just as our employees invest so much in us, we invest in our employees. We're pleased to have one of the most competitive compensation packages not only among New York's hospitals and healthcare institutions, but within the corporate sector as well. We begin with exceptional medical, dental, and drug coverage. We enhance this basic coverage with comprehensive wellness programs, and supplement those with retirement investment and benefits plans, and generous paid time off allowances. Add to that a very attractive tuition program, and you'll see just some of the ways that NYU Langone Medical Center demonstrates our commitment to our employees.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.