NYU Langone Medical Center, a world-class, patient-centered, integrated, academic medical center, is one of the nation's premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research and medical education. Located in the heart of Manhattan, NYU Langone is composed of four hospitals - Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation; the Hospital for Joint Diseases, one of only five hospitals in the nation dedicated to orthopaedics and rheumatology; and Hassenfeld Children's Hospital, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children's health services across the medical center - plus the NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. The medical center's tri-fold mission to serve, teach and discover is achieved 365 days a year through the seamless integration of a culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education and research. For more information, go to www.NYULMC.org.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Project Coordinator.
This position is responsible for providing moderate to advanced range of Project/Program coordination functions. Responsible for supporting, promoting and coordinating the implementation, development, delivering and evaluation of a Project/Program. Works with internal and external parties to organize the various components needed to initiate, run and conclude major Project/Programs. Supports, promotes and coordinates the development of the multiple Superstorm Sandy Litigation Cases to recover over $1.5B for the Medical Center, which includes gathering, collecting and analysis data. Facilitates the administration process of litigation activities (e.g., maintaining electronic files, hard copy files, developing and managing the master schedule for meetings, organizing workshops/multi-day meetings with multiple internal and external parties) for SOM Finance Director & Project Sponsor. Works under general direction and requires an independent thinker and pro-active person. Highly effective communication techniques to partner with all departments including but not limited to Finance, Outside Legal Attorneys, Internal Risk Management, Compliance (FEMA concentrated), and multiple Management Consultants.
- Provides moderate to advanced coordination for Project/Program activities to a manager or director of department that includes but not limited to: coordination of Project/Programs while working/communicating with internal and external parties to organize and coordinate the various components needed to initiate, run and conclude Project/Programs activities. Might evaluate and make recommendations based on analyses, observation and or feedback. Develops Project/Program schedules, may oversee Project/Program purchase requisitions and invoice payments. Assists in developing departmental plans, goals, objectives, policies and procedures.
- Prepares and review documents independently and generates status/progress reports for ongoing and pending Project/Programs. Plans, arranges, outlines and drafts letters, memos, agendas presentations and reports. Advanced analysis is required to present findings. Reviews, edits and obtains appropriate approvals. Responds to more complex correspondence and refers the more complex issues with recommendation to supervisor. Follows protocols as defined by the grant and Medical Centers policies and procedures.
- Assists with collecting data/files from multiple internal departments (Finance, Compliance, Superstorm Sandy Project Team, General Accounting, Management Consultants) by effective communication, clear due date guidelines, and pro-active professionalism. Leads all scheduling for litigation meetings with NYU SOM internal parties/departments, outside consultants, and project teams both onsite and offsite for litigation activities. Effectively communicates, follows-up, and coordinates with key parties on Sandy Disaster Recovery Litigation deliverables. Assists with RFIs (Request for Information) through given data process with accuracy and timeliness. Communicates and works with internal teams and attorneys for correct data deliverables. Utilizes Relativity, cloud based database, with documents and attorneys. Maintains all scheduling related to lawsuit filings and activities. Works with Executive Assistant to Assistant Vice President for scheduling managers, and other parties. Communicates and follows-up with key management on milestones for lawsuit. Electronically files information and data in an organized manner and documents all items within folders through MS Sharepoint intranets & share drives. Provides additional support to Superstorm Sandy Team when needed inclusive but not limited to, following up on progress for deliverables with multiple parties, finding data needed, and working with excel spreadsheets or word documents to catalog and organize items.
- Assists in the recruitment, hiring and training of clerical staff, assistants, trainee and volunteers for the Project/Program/department. Reviews workflow and recommends improvement if applicable to ensure appropriate cycle times and efficiency.
- Organizes and coordinates schedules, activities and special events. Coordinates conference preparation activities (checking and coordinating the logistics and technical support, making food and beverage arrangements, etc) and other related activities. May assist in special events planning.
- Participates in special Project/Programs and performs other duties as required.
- Must have a Bachelor degree or equivalent in business administration, health care administration or related field. Two years of experience coordinating Project/Programs or programs or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Proficiency in using various Microsoft Office applications such as World, Excel, Access, Power Point and Outlook. Familiar with Internet applications. Effective oral, written, communication, interpersonal skills. Ability to interface effectively with all levels of management and must work and communicate effectively with both internal and external customers. Ability to work within a team environment as well as independently. Time management skills and ability to work well under pressure. Ability to Project/Program manage and to multi task while paying attention to details.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Medical Center provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents. And just as our employees invest so much in us, we invest in our employees. We're pleased to have one of the most competitive compensation packages not only among New York's hospitals and healthcare institutions, but within the corporate sector as well. We begin with exceptional medical, dental, and drug coverage. We enhance this basic coverage with comprehensive wellness programs, and supplement those with retirement investment and benefits plans, and generous paid time off allowances. Add to that a very attractive tuition program, and you'll see just some of the ways that NYU Langone Medical Center demonstrates our commitment to our employees.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information.