NYU Langone Medical Center, a world-class, patient-centered, integrated, academic medical center, is one of the nation's premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research and medical education. Located in the heart of Manhattan, NYU Langone is composed of four hospitals - Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation; the Hospital for Joint Diseases, one of only five hospitals in the nation dedicated to orthopaedics and rheumatology; and Hassenfeld Children's Hospital, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children's health services across the medical center - plus the NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. The medical center's tri-fold mission to serve, teach and discover is achieved 365 days a year through the seamless integration of a culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education and research. For more information, go to www.NYULMC.org.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Associate Research Coordinator.
In this role, the successful candidate The Assistant Research Coordinator(ARC) will work closely with the Principal Investigator on projects relating to the impact that environmental factors have on children's health, especially a study aiming to collect process and store biological and medical history data for environmental influences on child health outcomes (ECHO): NYU Pediatric Obesity, Metabolism and Kidney Cohort Center. The investigator has a long-standing history and interest in analyses to translate scientific knowledge in economic terms, and that communicate relevant findings clearly to policy makers. The ARC will support a growing program of work providing assistance mainly with day to day research activities and data collection.
- Collects patient information for the research project(s). This may include abstraction of data from the patient chart (e.g., laboratory or diagnostic test results, surgical/radiation treatments delivered, adverse drug reactions, etc); abstraction of data for publications, or data collection from outside physicians offices. Uses tools to facilitate data collection (e.g. calendars, schedules, tracking logs, etc). Audits and updates the database or the case report forms, obtains and documents information within the time frame specified., Collects, compiles and conducts preliminary analyses of data, and other materials for reports.
- Gathers and compiles data and assists in consolidating/analyzing data for presentation to sponsoring and regulatory agencies. Provides reports to all necessary parties (e.g., the principal investigator, sponsoring agency, etc.) on the progress of the study as needed. Conduct primary analysis to data collected. Formulates, prepares database and generates preliminary measurement reports for review by the Principal Investigator
- 4. If applicable, updates and submits necessary documents to obtain approval to conduct human subjects research. Secures accurate signatures and forwards documents and/or forms to appropriate destination. Might prepare and submit monthly enrollment statistics to the Office of Clinical Trials and provide other information in timely manner, as necessary.
- Responsible for implementation of biobanking protocols.
- 5. Screens potential patients/subjects for eligibility to the study and schedules the initial visits. This may include researching and gathering information from the medical record, physician referral, advertisement and directly scheduling a visit to evaluate the patient/subject. Reviews all the elements of the screening process with the Principal Investigator that include but not limited to: inclusion/exclusion criteria, completed informed consent, documentation of the event and the patient/subject willingness to participate in the study.
- 6. Aware of study regulatory status and keeps an up to date copy of regulatory documents. Assists with the informed consent process and ensure that the patient/subject fully understands what is required of them throughout the study. Follows through regularly with the patient/subjects and reminds them of visits and compliance.
- Assist in coordination of weekly staff schedules and supervise study research staff.Assist in coordination of weekly staff schedules and supervise study research staff.
To qualify you must have a Minimum Qualifications:
1. Bachelors degree or equivalent in a related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Effective oral, written, communication, interpersonal skills.
3. Must be able to work and make decisions independently.
4. Ability to operate research related equipment.
5. Proficiency in using various Microsoft Office applications such as World, Excel, Access, Power Point and Outlook. Familiar with Internet applications.
6. Ability to identify, analyze and solve problems.
7. Ability to multi task and project manage.
8. Time management skills and ability to work well under pressure.
Preferred Qualifications/Work Experience
1. Masters of Public Health or equivalent degree.
2. Knowledge of basic medical terminology is preferred
3. Prior experience working with Research Protocols, recruitment and follow-up of research participants, and data collection
4. Knowledge/experience with statistical analysis and statistical softwares (SPSS, STATA) preferred
5. Familiarity with reference management software such as EndNote
6. Phlebotomy skills.
7. Bilingual English/Spanish or English/Chinese (Mandarin) a plus.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Medical Center provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents. And just as our employees invest so much in us, we invest in our employees. We're pleased to have one of the most competitive compensation packages not only among New York's hospitals and healthcare institutions, but within the corporate sector as well. We begin with exceptional medical, dental, and drug coverage. We enhance this basic coverage with comprehensive wellness programs, and supplement those with retirement investment and benefits plans, and generous paid time off allowances. Add to that a very attractive tuition program, and you'll see just some of the ways that NYU Langone Medical Center demonstrates our commitment to our employees.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information.