NYU Langone Medical Center, a world-class, patient-centered, integrated, academic medical center, is one of the nation's premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research and medical education. Located in the heart of Manhattan, NYU Langone is composed of four hospitals - Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation; the Hospital for Joint Diseases, one of only five hospitals in the nation dedicated to orthopaedics and rheumatology; and Hassenfeld Children's Hospital, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children's health services across the medical center - plus the NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. The medical center's tri-fold mission to serve, teach and discover is achieved 365 days a year through the seamless integration of a culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education and research. For more information, go to www.NYULMC.org.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Research Enterprise Educator.
In this role, the successful candidate The Research Enterprise Education will support the Director of Research Enterprise Training to drive needs assessment, and design, develop, plan, implement and analyze training related courses and resources. Coordinates and participates in project planning and promotion of Research Enterprise Training to the research community. Provides leadership and innovation in use of training technologies to effectively target audiences, working with the Director and institutional experts on materials and objectives. Provides evaluation and coaching for course instructors, helps to develop a pool of in-house trainers, and obtains the services of external training consultants and/or presenters as needed. Administers and monitors program expenditures and performs other duties as assigned by the Director.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the organizations mission and core values and incorporates them into the performance of duties
- Provide leadership by establishing systems to improve efficiency of project development, expedite instructional design and graphic design approval cycles, and evaluate training impact
- Instruct staff on how to plan, organize and manage projects with subject matter experts (SMEs) to meet timelines; oversee support personnel to deliver on budget
- Works closely with RRE Communications Specialist and Project Coordinator to ensure that all projects follow Institutional branding guidelines
- Ensures all projects incorporate established standards in research policies and procedures
- Represent RRE Research Enterprise Training during training functions; facilitate collaboration by interface with departmental staff and by participation in meetings and committees
- Provide guidance, direction and oversight in the development of SOPs, documentation standards etc., in support of RRE business processes
- Work with the Director and OSR unit leads to create, design, and conduct quality training and development programs to meet the specific needs of faculty and research staff across the basic science and clinical research landscape of the NYU SoM. Designs, develops, implements and evaluates e-learning and blended-learning resources
- Coordinate a variety of training that includes classroom, computer laboratory, Web video-on-demand, or self-paced or self-guided instructional guides as needed. For live or in-person training, ensure that teaching materials are prepared and the space appropriately set, training and instruction stimulate the class, and completion certificates are issued at the end of training.For computer-assisted or recorded training, ensure that cameras, microphones, and other necessary technology platforms are functioning properly and work with IT to ensure that individual computers or other learning devices are configured for training purposes.
- Ensure course objectives are met, and conduct meaningful evaluations to understand how learning impacts performance; maintain database of learning metrics
- Collaborates with SMEs and training teams across OSR units to analyze needs and design solutions; develop new programs and improve existing programs, as needed
- Mentor and train SMEs to deliver engaging, innovative blended learning solutions within an enterprise learning system
- Develop and organize training manuals, multimedia visual aids, and other educational materials
- Ensures e-learning solutions are appropriate to the audience and conform to adult learning design principles
- Provides training to system managers, instructors and end-users. Provides instruction and guidance to trainers. May include the design of computer-based training programs
- Provides leadership to the Association of Clinical Coordination and Research Management (ACCRM) as required by charter
- Maintain the Research Enterprise Training monthly newsletter to the research community
To qualify you must have a Masters degree in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, Education, Industrial and Organizational Psychology (or related discipline) and 10 years relevant work experience in teaching within an academic medical center, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Must include prior experience with e-learning instructional design methodologies and tools including designing, developing and delivering interactive e-learning programs/courseware. Advanced skills using e-learning development tools. Excellent written and verbal skills for the purpose of documentation development, curriculum development, editing and communication. Highly self-motivated and self-managed; ability to work independently and as part of a team. Strong time management and organizational skills to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities. Proficiency editing audio narration using audio editing tools. Proficiency with graphical design tools such as Photoshop and Illustrator; Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word and PowerPoint and in HTML, particularly as used in the development of instructional content. Experience with Learning Management Systems and industry standards including accessibility compliance standards. Experience in conducting research or teaching teaching in clinical or basic science at an academic medical center or research institution highly desirable.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Medical Center provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents. And just as our employees invest so much in us, we invest in our employees. We're pleased to have one of the most competitive compensation packages not only among New York's hospitals and healthcare institutions, but within the corporate sector as well. We begin with exceptional medical, dental, and drug coverage. We enhance this basic coverage with comprehensive wellness programs, and supplement those with retirement investment and benefits plans, and generous paid time off allowances. Add to that a very attractive tuition program, and you'll see just some of the ways that NYU Langone Medical Center demonstrates our commitment to our employees.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information.